Please read the following rules as they affect your access to the site. The rules have been put in place to ensure that yours, as well as others experience on newTriton.net is an enjoyable and safe one.
The rules apply to all methods of communication between community members eg: forums, private messages, e-mail etc.
As a member of the site you agree to abide by all the terms and conditions set out by the following rules.
If you do not agree with any of the conditions below, please request your account to be cancelled by emailing email@example.com
1. Advertising. No commercial advertising or advertising of business is permitted. Links or phone numbers are strictly forbidden. There is a Commercial Advertising section on the forum so if anyone feels such a need to promote a specific business then it is best to contact the site owner by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org about advertising space. There must be NO direct conflict to the sponsors that the site has already.
If you have a problem with a particular company DO NOT post it up on the forum at all. This is easily construed as slander and bears legal issues. There are always two sides to every story and without the other persons view it is not fair to post your issues.
You may link to other websites in posts, if it is relevant to the topic at hand. Not purely for the purpose of promoting a business or product. If you think you need to tell people about a particular site, do so via PM. If in doubt these posts will be directed to the moderating team.
2. No Spam. Spamming can be defined as either posting multiple times about the same thing or starting multiple topics about the same thing. Spamming is also defined as constantly posting off-topic as well as providing links that have nothing to do with the forum or thread at hand. Spam will be deleted without warning and/or notification.
3. No Abuse or Foul Language. While we encourage lively debates and discussions, we will not tolerate personal attacks of any kind on the open forum. Any person attacking another forum member will receive a warning or immediate ban (depending on the severity) and have their offensive posts removed. Treat others as you would like to be treated yourself. Insults, offensive language or anything offensive will be deleted without warning and/or notification if considered unacceptable by a Moderator. Content that is insulting to anyone based on gender, lifestyle, religion, ethnic group, race etc. is unacceptable and will be deleted without warning and/or notification. newTriton.net will not tolerate posts which defame individuals, other on line forums, businesses or car companies. No inter-site bantering between the various forums 4WD Network host, eg: My Triton is better than your Hilux, etc. Every member has the right to post about problems but this must be done in a factual manner.
4. Advice for Newbies. Before posting a new thread (for technical advice etc) please do a search to make sure it hasn’t been discussed before. This will not only save embarrassment but it also saves space.
5. No flame wars. There is no place for that on these message boards. Topics that are designed to start a flame war (defined as an offensive argument that serves no purpose but to make others upset.) will be treated as Spam and deleted without warning and/or notification.
6. Stay on-topic. There will be some leniency on this, and we don't mind if you bring in another comment or two under non-technical areas, but try to stay focused. If you think it's a good enough topic, start a new thread about it. This also prevents losing a good idea amongst a thread about another topic. Threads that wander off-topic will be closed and/or trimmed or moved to the appropriate forum. Off topic threads and posts may be done in Off Topic and Platinum Subscriber sub-forums. Posts in those sections will be allowed to run their course without interference unless deemed necessary, all other sections of the site will be monitored more closely if threads are tending to stray off topic they will be closed, trimmed or deleted with or without notice to the offending post author.
Please do not make any "Junk" posts within the Technical areas of the forum. Stay on topic at all times within the Technical areas and there will be no problems.
7. Trolling. Over the time that the forum has been online we have had a number of people who come in here just to get attention – this will no longer be tolerated.
Posting “who’s cute”, “who I like best” or “who likes me” type threads are best to be placed on other ‘Pro Interest type’ forums as it will result in you getting a week’s holiday from the forum.
8. No illegal topics. Illegal software, copyright material, or items that may offend others are not welcome and will be removed without warning and/or notification. Posters of such material will be dealt with on a case by case basis; this may include warnings and/or being removed permanently from the site.
9. No Impersonating. Attempting to pose as a newTriton.net admin or moderator, an employee of any affiliates or any other registered user will not be tolerated and will result in the deletion of that user name. This also applies to variations of registered names. Members are not permitted to have more than one user account. Any members found to have multiple accounts will have the extra account(s) deleted and a warning placed on the remaining account.
10. Avatars. Avatars must not contain nudity or profanity. Avatars deemed offensive will be removed. If complaints are received regarding Avatars from forum users and deemed inappropriate or offensive they will be removed without warning and/or notification. If the avatar reappears, you may be banned. This includes posting pictures of women's cleavage. If necessary this should be handled by REPORTING the post with the avatar attached.
11. Signatures. They should not have any offending images. Anything which is considered offensive will be removed immediately from the site without warning and/or notification. The site should be able to be viewed in front of children. Please keep it this way. Signatures should not contain advertising or links to non-sponsor related products and/or services. Doing so will have your signature removed or changed without warning and/or notification.
12. Image Posting. The inclusion of pictures within messages is allowed on this site. Referring to images that are copyrighted and protected by that site is not to be included on our site without the express written permission of the owner of the copyrighted image(s).
Failure to follow these rules will result in warning. More serious violations of these rules may result in further steps taken with your Internet Service Provider or higher authorities.
13. Pornography. Links to porn sites or the posting of pornographic pictures is not allowed.
If you link to offensive websites, you WILL be banned, without warning and/or notification.
14. Trips. You may post and attend trips at your own risk. newTriton.net Owner, Admin or Moderators accepts no liability for any loss, damage or injury to persons or property arising directly or indirectly from attending any trips advertised on this web-site. Members and other accompanying persons undertaking these trips do so at their own risk.
Trip participants acknowledge that in the event of inappropriate behaviour, the designated Trip Leader is entitled to ask the offending person or persons to leave. It is acknowledged by the newTriton.net members and other trip participants that the web-site provides a forum for trips as a community service, and, whilst every care is taken by the Trip Leader, is not intended to convey any responsibility for the trips themselves on the part of newTriton.net.
Trips leaders should go to the effort to ensure that the trip organised on newTriton does not illegally trespass onto private, public, crown land. Any such trip that does will be removed no questions asked.
Firearms are not to be brought along to any trips associated with newTriton.net and if they are and the member is to remove the firearm from a lockable case then the member can face permanent ban without warning or notification. newTriton.net trips are intended to be family orientated and firearms are not acceptable to be brought along.
15. We, the newTriton.net Owner, Admins and Moderators, reserve the right to edit, delete, or ban any content found on this site without warning and/or notification
16. We reserve the right to modify these rules without warning.
This forum has become the central place for discussion of the Mitsubishi Triton. Please respect this site and all its community members.
If you feel someone has offended you with their comments please let us know immediately at email@example.com or by sending a Private Message (PM) to the Moderators. We will endeavour to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Do not drag personal issues with individuals into the forum if you do have an issue please take it up with one of the moderators or admin before posting in the forum, any breaches of this will result in the immediate removal of your posting abilities and a review of your access to the site.
Read and search before posting; your question might be answered already in another post.
Any posts which may be considered offensive, or be of a criminal nature will be removed without warning and/or notification and a warning may be placed against your account.
We will also not tolerate abusive, harassing or obscene behaviour on the site. Anything which is deemed offensive by newTriton.net management will be removed without warning and/or notification.
Any post blatantly advertising a company or site will be removed without warning and/or notification. This is to prevent against unwanted spamming and to protect the rights of our sponsors.
newTriton.net and its Owner, Admin and Moderators are not responsible for any messages posted.
We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of newTriton.net or its owner, admins or moderators. newTriton.net assumes no liability, loss or damage as a result of any use of such content. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately via the Report Post button or PM an on line Moderator.
We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use the newTriton.net forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a persons privacy, or otherwise violate any law in the general sections of the forum.
We reserve the right to delete any message for any, or no reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless, newTriton.net, The Community and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). As a privately owned website we reserve the right to revoke your membership to the forum or disable your posting ability for any or no reason whatsoever.
The opinions and comments made in the posts written by our members are the rights to and the responsibility of the individual member. newTriton.net assumes no responsibility for the content expressed or implied by its members.
General For Sale Postings
Any member may post items for sale in The Trading Post section provided they have made more than 5 posts on the forums. This is to prevent against users signing up just to advertise.
Any items considered illegal or of an offensive nature will be deleted and your account may be suspended and/or deleted.
CAVEAT EMPTOR (Let The Buyer Beware)
Members should be aware that when placing an item for sale in The Trading Post area, or when purchasing an item that was posted in the aforementioned area, there is a "buy/sell at your own risk" policy in effect. The owner, administrators and moderators of newTriton.net are in no way responsible for any transactions that take place as result of a posting on this site.
You will be required to utilise the Trading Post areas template that is provided. Posts must always contain the following template otherwise your advert will be rejected.
ITEM: The name of your item.
CONDITION: Condition that your item is in.
REASON FOR SELLING: Why are you selling it?
PRICE AND PRICE CONDITIONS: How much are you wanting? No EOI
EXTRA INFO: Any more info on the item?
LOCATION: The location of your item
CONTACT DETAILS: Your contact details.
PICTURES: Any photos you may have of your item?
Once your sale is complete, the thread author must post to advise so.
All for sale threads will be automatically deleted after 60 days of the initial post time.
REVIEW OF SUBMISSIONS
Any new threads in the Group Buy section are subject to approval by the site’s moderating team to ensure compliance with the following eligibility requirements.
The Site Sponsors will be given seven days to object to any new Group Buys to ensure there is no conflict with their own products.
The final decision as to allow or not allow any group buy to continue will rest on the moderating team.
No deposits to be taken.
All group buys must have confirmed interest within THIS thread; once confirmed, you can then start a new thread within the Group Buy section where it will wait for moderator approval.
Facilitators of Group Buys should preferably be long-standing members of the forum
Only bona fide concepts will be considered, if there is suspicion of commercial or for-profit Group Buys your proposal will be ignored.
CAVEAT EMPTOR (LET THE BUYER BEWARE)
- The owner, administrators and moderators of newTriton.net are in no way responsible for any transactions that take place as result of a posting on this site.
- Full description (condition, part number, colour, etc.)
- Postage Price (fixed price for everyone)
- Cut-Off Numbers/Date (the minimum required for the group buy to proceed and or the final date for new participants)
The Facilitator must keep a progressive list of participants, and update the list via new posts as changes are made.
Once payment is received and the goods are dispatched this must also be noted.
As soon as the Group Buy is complete, the thread author must post to advise so.
newTriton.net is provided to members without charge however, running the site is not free. For this reason, the owner may from time to time enter into a commercial agreement with one or more suppliers of vehicles, products and/or services.
Members may discuss products, services or “deals” in the appropriate Sponsors section to provide members with advice or for informational purposes.
Members may not have links in their signature to products, services or “deals” offered by any company, business, or other commercial entity unless the member is a sponsor or the member has been given permission from the Moderating team.
Members may post about services and or products that they have seen displayed, advertised or otherwise publicised by or for any company, business, or other commercial entity to provide information or recommendations to members, which may assist or provide benefit in making a decision on a product or service with respect shown to the current donating companies of the site by not spamming the product or service.
Feel free to post personal opinion, discuss and/or seek advice regarding any legal product and/or service. However the post must not be to deliberately sell a product and/or service. It must be for technical or product information only.
Any posts or links directing members to a non-supporting company, business, or other commercial entity on the basis of soliciting business will be deleted without warning and/or notification. Members who post in this manner will receive a warning.
If it is brought to the attention of the Moderating team that a member is using the newTriton.net site to promote a business, sell and/or distribute products deliberately, either on the open forum or through email or private messages (otherwise known as PM’s), the member will have a warning placed on their account. The member may also be removed from posting on the site depending on circumstances after an assessment by the Moderating team.
Members who are apart of the Triton group on Facebook must abide by these same guidelines.
It should also not be used for Classifieds adverts and Technical questions what so ever.
newTriton.net Moderators are a group of volunteers to help facilitate discussions and other services relating to newTriton.net. They should not to be argued with in the public forum when enforcing forum rules and guidelines.
Breaching this rule will result in a warning or an immediate ban depending on the severity of the breach. All members are welcome to speak with the moderators about their concerns in a polite and calm manner in private, either via email, PM or phone. If you have a complaint, you can contact the administrators. Moderators reserve the right to edit, delete, rename, move, merge, open or close posts/threads without warning and/or notification.
Do not attack moderators. They are here by choice alone, and have been bestowed the privilege of maintaining this site, and acting on direct authority from the Owner and Administrator himself to enforce the rules, regulations, etiquette, and desired environment of newTriton.net.
If you have any questions, comments, or issues with a moderator, please contact the administrator at forum@newTriton.net
Warnings, Suspensions & Bans
The Moderating team reserves the right to warn, suspend or ban any member of the forum who breach the site rules.
If there is an issue with someone and they get banned for a minor offence it will probably be for a few days or a week at first. Each consecutive banning will result in an extension of your previous ban time.
We are going to work on the three strikes rule. If you get banned, for whatever reason or whatever length of time, it will only happen three times. After the third time we will assume you are only here to cause problems and will be removed for good.
Continued breaches of the rules may result in a member’s account being banned permanently.
No circumventing of bans by re-registering under a different account or you could get PERMANENTLY BANNED - Do not attempt to try this!
Banning from sister 4WD Network sites may result in disciplinary action taken against you in other 4WD Network forums (including this one)
Note: Moderators can suspend or ban a member immediately without issuing a warning due to “special circumstances” if immediate action is required eg: large scale spamming, serious abuse or harassment etc.
If you are a company and are interested in advertising on the site at a competitive rate, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Advertising on newTriton.net will enable you to have a dedicated area on the site to discuss your product/service as well as product banners being displayed throughout the site.
All Platinum subscriptions on the site are used to cover costs for hosting, maintenance and operations of the site. Neither moderators nor the admin are paid for involvement with the site.
Platinum subscriptions may be used for paying for events and promotion of the site to others. As a subscriber to the site you are given privileges above and beyond normal members. These are listed in the platinum subscription tab on the site. Due to the way platinum subscriptions are handled on the site and the fact the money is reinvested into the site, subscriptions are not refundable on the basis of a member leaving the site, disagreements with moderators, due to moderation, or own free will.
The newTriton.net Forum make no claim of ownership of any pictures/articles (or part thereof) posted in the forum and assumes in good faith that the poster either owns the picture/article or has legal rights to use it in this manner. Any breach of copyright will be the sole responsibility of the poster.
ALL CONTENTS ON THIS SITE ARE PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT. EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY PERMITTED HEREIN, NO PORTION OF THE INFORMATION ON THIS WEB SITE, INCLUDING IMAGES MAY BE REPRODUCED IN ANY FORM, OR BY ANY MEANS, WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION FROM NEWTRITON.NET. USERS OF THIS FORUM ARE NOT PERMITTED TO MODIFY, DISTRIBUTE, PUBLISH OR TRANSMIT ANY MATERIAL FOUND ON THIS SITE FOR ANY PUBLIC OR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES.
This site newTriton.net is not affiliated with Mitsubishi, MMAL or any of its affiliates. The Site and users may refer to these trademarks within normal conversation on the site however all rights belong to their respective owners.