Electric windows 'auto up' stopped working

Electric windows 'auto up' stopped working

Postby mekul05 on Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:52 am

Hi,

I just installed a light bar on my MQ.

Installation all went well (used Stedi plug and play harness), but it seems that when I disconnected my battery something has caused the 'one touch' windows up command to no longer work.

The windows still go up and down fine, they just won't go up or down with the single click. Is there a way to reset this somewhere?

Thanks,
Luke
mekul05

Re: Electric windows 'auto up' stopped working

Postby WUNSIE on Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:30 pm

I always try and leave battery connections untouched to save any gremlins showing up, thought I read somewhere in the handbook something about Lower the window all the way down continue holding the switch down for about 5 secs,then close the window as normal but when its all the way up continue to hold the switch in the up position for about an additional 5-8 secs
WUNSIE

Postby Harddrive on Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:35 pm

If the battery terminals are disconnected or the fuse for electric window is replaced, the safety mechanism will be cancelled and the door window will not automatically open/ close completely.
If the window is open, repeatedly raise the driver’s door window switch until the win- dow has been fully closed. Following this, release the switch, raise the switch once again and hold it in this condition for at least 1 second, then release it. You should now be able to operate the driver’s door window in the normal fashion.
Harddrive

Postby Harddrive on Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:56 pm

My apologies Wunsie, I did not see your post just prior to mine.
Harddrive

Postby WUNSIE on Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:06 pm

Harddrive wrote:My apologies Wunsie, I did not see your post just prior to mine.

No need to apologise champ, I take in as much info as I can also bud, never stop learning ;)
WUNSIE

Postby mekul05 on Thu May 02, 2019 6:41 am

Worked great.
Thanks for the help!
:D
mekul05

Postby Sickd on Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:46 am

WUNSIE wrote:I always try and leave battery connections untouched to save any gremlins showing up, thought I read somewhere in the handbook something about Lower the window all the way down continue holding the switch down for about 5 secs,then close the window as normal but when its all the way up continue to hold the switch in the up position for about an additional 5-8 secs

Thanks mate this one works 21 mr triton
Sickd

Postby WUNSIE on Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:01 pm

If I have to remove a lead off the battery, I went to Jaycar purchased a 9 volt battery adaptor with 2 wires coming off it, soldered a couple of alligator clips on each end, pop in a battery from a smoke detector, hook clips on POS+ and NEG- leads, that way I can remove the battery from Vehicle and everything maintains its memory, inc the bloody radio, just a tip, all up cost under $5 and 5 mins, saves rooting around for 1/2 hr resetting stuff effected by disconnecting the battery.
WUNSIE

Return to Electrical