GLX+ radio tuner control use

GLX+ radio tuner control use

Postby Rubio on Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:48 am

Hi,
New GLX+ owner here.
Not sure if this is “just how it is “ or there is a setting somewhere, or I’m just not using it right.
I have all my radio stations in the presents but the steering control next song arrow only acts as a tuner and doesn’t skip to the next preset station. Press it once it increments the tuner and long press searches.
This is a bit annoying when wanting to change between preset stations at night when I have the screen off. It will be much safer if I can do it by touch rather than sight.
Has anyone found how to get the steering control to change between presets rather than tune?
I’ve searched for ages in the user manual and every online version of the manual I can find.
Pretty minor complaint on what is proving to be a good vehicle choice.
Appreciate your suggestions.
Rubio

Re: GLX+ radio tuner control use

Postby Coaster on Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:53 pm

I find if you keep the steering column arrow pressed for a second or two it does seem to search for the next preset station. Agree the GLX+ is a great ute and enjoying it as a great choice for the bucks.
Coaster

Postby Rubio on Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:51 pm

Thanks Coaster,
Definitely doesn’t work like that on mine. Bit of a safety issue for me as I’m a channel flicker, especially in the afternoon traffic avoiding radio adds.
Found a kind of solution by installing RadioApp and using it through CarPlay. Clicks through the favourites with the steering wheel control. Ok while I have unlimited data on the phone but not otherwise.
Sorted the left hand speaker issue with the phone too.
Rubio

Postby Rubio on Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:03 pm

I asked the dealer about this when I got my first service. They said it is a fault that arose when the touch screen system was introduced to the existing hardware and there was nothing they could do, but try asking Mitsubishi Motors Australia Limited. So I asked MMAL, they said ask the dealer......
Third party App developers seem to have been able to get their software to talk to the hardware on the wheel, can't imagine why Mitsubishi couldn't do the same.
Guess this is a minor quirk to live with.
Rubio

Return to Electrical