2019 LED Bar Wiring

2019 LED Bar Wiring

Postby Inception on Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:12 pm

Hi all,

I have found this forum after searching for some information on my new 2019 GLS Premium Triton.

I have been searching all over about the stock wiring harness to see if it has the LED bar wiring already in place as a LED bar is a listed accessory when purchasing the vehicle. I am assuming that the wiring would already be in place as the nudge bar has the mounts for a LED bar and as stated, is a optional accessory.

I have found a socket right near the front grille and I am assuming that this could be for the light bar.
I am also assuming that the harness for the switch would be behind a blank in the panel that houses the switches such as diff lock and lane assist.

I have asked Mitsubishi in regards to this and they are not willing to provide me with any information.

Does anyone here know if the stock harness does have the wiring in place for a LED bar and is the socket I have found for the LED bar?

Thanks in advanced for any assistance.

Regards,

Dean
Inception

Re: 2019 LED Bar Wiring

Postby RHKTriton on Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:07 am

There has been an unused socket on many models over the years.

It is unlikely that provision has been made for accessory lighting.

Most alloy nudge bars have a couple of lugs for lights, etc as it would be difficult to add post manufacturing.

My suggestion is to run some trailer flex from the engine bay to under the dash, this saves having to penetrate the fire wall again down the track for future projects. Tapping the lighting cabling isn't difficult, esp as many light bars come with a wiring harness.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Re: 2019 LED Bar Wiring

Postby WUNSIE on Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:28 am

Inception wrote:Hi all,

I have found this forum after searching for some information on my new 2019 GLS Premium Triton.

I am assuming that the wiring would already be in place as the nudge bar has the mounts for a LED bar and as stated, is a optional accessory.

I have found a socket right near the front grille and I am assuming that this could be for the light bar.

Does anyone here know if the stock harness does have the wiring in place for a LED bar and is the socket I have found for the LED bar?

Thanks in advanced for any assistance.

Regards,

Dean

Wishful thinking bud, the harness you want is available,,,, over the counter in the spares dept :(
WUNSIE

Return to Electrical