Twin headlights

Twin headlights

Postby outback jack on Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:05 pm

Hi All,

I have a ML and manage to find the twin headlights as per below.

https://www.motor1.com/news/11786/mitsubishi-team-mitsubishi-ralliart-tmr-triton-concept-in-australia/

I have done a search, but cant find the wiring info. How have others wired it up. I ideally I would like to use the low beam electric adjuster, also have both low and high working at the same time when on high.

Mine came from the UK and cost more than MARS option, but hopefully out perform....
outback jack

Re: Twin headlights

Postby NowForThe5th on Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:51 pm

They should already be wired so that the lows stay on when high beam is selected.

In terms of performance, those Hella 90mm projectors are not bad, but not amongst the top performers either. The lights will definitely benefit from a bulb upgrade to Philips X-treme Vision or Osram Night Breaker. I've also done HID conversions for them and that does make a big difference.

These lights are a completely different level to the junk that Mars sells.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby outback jack on Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:09 pm

Thanks. I got no wiring loom with it. So need to make up adapter loom. From what I have been told the projectors are low beam. So maybe its better to remove the projectors and put something else in. The high beam needs new lights as the reflectors are shot. So will probably put new low and highs in.

Also one of the indicator globe holders are missing, so not sure what I can do about that.

If I can get it altogether, then I will be installing them. Hence trying to find wiring diagrams etc.
outback jack

Postby NowForThe5th on Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:14 am

It's been a few years since I did a whole batch of these for various members here but I seem to recall that they were plug and play - just a single connection to the standard H4 plug on the car and then a little PCB on the light that kept the low beam on when highs were switched. If that is missing on yours then it needs to be replicated which isn't too hard to do - there are some HID harnesses that do the same thing.

All the light modules in those lights are standard Hella 90mm. Hella made a whole range in this size, from entry level right through to high performance xenon. The ones used in these lights are the low-mid-range models. The problem is that Hella updated the range a couple of years ago, going to LED, so getting replacements for what you have may be a little difficult and getting them at the right prices even harder. Currently prices range from around $100 for single focus halogen to over $1100 for bi-LED low/high beam. That's prices per module and you have 4 of them and doesn't include freight.

Narva also made some modules in this size, but very limited range. Also another low volume manufacturer that I can't recall the name of. The modules need to match the size, which is unusual, and also be fully self contained and waterproof so really there is nothing else that you can just 'drop in'.

IIRC, the part numbers are printed on the modules so start with those. There was only one significant Australian supplier who carried these and they were ridiculously expensive. A few places in the US had them and only some had the right hand drive, ECE spec ones that we need. www.rallylights.com might be a good place to start.
Chris

NowForThe5th

Postby 4wd26 on Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:21 am

Mine and my sons tritons have these lights. Sons has been upgraded to hid by nft5 I run stedi led bulbs in mine.

Not real happy with the stedi led due to size no longer waterproof and the high beam is not powerful enough as for low beam, lucky I have enough other spots.

I found a loom on the Thai Triton Facebook page years ago to match the hella low beam range adjuster and had a switch that fitted the Triton switch (I replaced the Bluetooth switch)

I found plug and play, into the h4 plug as nft5 mentioned,

Can take some photos

I also added halo rings years ago as something interesting, easy to utilise the Parker bulb wires they look a bit stupid in halogen when everything else is led I just found a cob led halo ring with internal diameter 90mm (most are sold as outside)
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby outback jack on Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:29 pm

Cheers. I will try and find the adjusters. Not a deal breaker but nice to have.

The high beam reflectors has delaminated. So need to replace them anyway. Not sure if I can afford to go HELLA Led, but still working out options.

Photo`s would be good.

At the end of it, just hope its all worth it.......
outback jack

Postby 4wd26 on Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:12 am

Quite a few 90mm producers for the high beam, i always wanted the hella bi led in the low beam unit but way too expensive

Could choose halogen hid or led in the high beam

IMG_7056.jpg

Adjuster switch for the low beam unit, is a factory switch. I will try and search for the Thai guy I purchased from as was plug and play into the hella lights
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Getting Out There
4wd26

Postby outback jack on Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:12 pm

OK thanks. I have requested to join Facebook page, still waiting..
outback jack

Postby outback jack on Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:09 pm

OK seems I can get the kit for headlight adjustment. Not that I will probably use it much. Can you remember how much your kit was?

Click to view larger picture

Same place has the fans.

It will cost about 100 each, plus about 100 for freight. Just never used someone from Thailand before. I am thinking of paying freight myself with Interparcel
outback jack

Postby ag9111 on Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:55 pm

Never needed it as never been flashed.
Set up the lights properly and save your money
I love cats, but I couldn't eat a full one!

Mud is like unprotected sex
30 secs of fun for a lifetime of grief
ag9111
Platinum Subscriber

Postby NowForThe5th on Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:45 pm

Correct, Garth, properly set up they won't dazzle other drivers. But the control does make them ADR compliant, which they wouldn't be if fitted with HID bulbs.
Chris

NowForThe5th

Postby outback jack on Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:58 pm

Thanks for the input. I will get them for the sake of 100 dollars. Then if I use LED or HID they can be adjusted etc.

Going to get the fan as well.

So going to pull trigger soon, just trying to work out freight. Also taking a risk using Western Union to pay someone in another country. So wish me luck....

I still need to try and find indicator lamp. One was missing and got no idea on replacement. Old mate said he found it after and would send it. That was three weeks ago and he is not responding....
outback jack

Postby outback jack on Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:09 pm

Still trying to deal with Old mate in Thailand. May have to find another source
outback jack

Postby 4wd26 on Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:11 pm

I have a contact of 2 in Thailand if you need assistance
Getting Out There
4wd26

Postby outback jack on Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:08 pm

Thanks. Can you please pm me details.
outback jack

Postby borngeek on Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:31 am

Yeah I live in Thailand. PM sent. :lol:
Don't be a tool, use this: FORUM DIRECTORY

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :lol:
borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby jerrah on Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:25 pm

I’d love more information on that fan. Does it have a loom or is it just the fan itself?
jerrah

Return to Electrical