MZ350456 driving light harness question

MZ350456 driving light harness question

Postby GOM on Mon May 31, 2021 11:24 am

Hi All,

In 2019 I purchased a new MQ Triton. Prior to delivery I purchased and got the dealer to install a genuine Mitsubishi driving light loom – part number MZ350456.

Until recently I never had a need to fit or use driving/spot lights.

When the lights were installed I encountered a problem in that they would switch on when low beam was on and switch off when high beam was used.

I took it back to the dealer I brought it from to get this fixed.

The dealer has told me that this loom was designed for day-time running lights not driving/spot lights.

They said that it was a low current loom and using it could cause damage. The only way to resolve this was to buy an after market loom.

I pointed out to them that the fitting instruction mention connecting a T-piece to the high bean terminal.

I had assumed that this was the wire used to switch the relay but, according to the dealer, this is for the power for the day time running lights.

From what I can see on the forum I don’t believe that the dealer is correct and I suspect that they have installed it incorrectly.

Can anyone confirm that I can use the loom MZ350456 to power a pair of 9” led driving lights and so that they turn on when the headlights are on high beam?

Cheers
GOM

Re: MZ350456 driving light harness question

Postby WUNSIE on Mon May 31, 2021 4:34 pm

Thats bullshit mate, Thats the same harness I purchased and installed, worked perfect first time up, Is yours a GLX or GLS, as a GLX with halogen headlights will use a patch harness on the back of the headlight globe plug and a GLS with HID headlights involves similar eg; remove a blank, install a plug, install relay, install patch harness inside LH footwell,
Instuctions supplied with kit are fool proof.
Go back and tell them their got no idea, why would you install a loom for DRL if you have a GLS they are already up and running PRE OEM :roll:
WUNSIE

Postby GOM on Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:04 pm

Thanks WUNSIE,

It is a GLS and I did ask them the same question - Why would I purchase a loom for DRL when the vehicle already has them.

I will try again and see if I can get a more reasonable response.
GOM

Postby WUNSIE on Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:42 pm

Being a GLS, How switched on are some of these wankers to actually come out and say quote; That harness is for DRL, not driving lights as the wires wont carry the load, but hang on we installed it anyway, :lol: :lol:
Go to another Dealer, get it sorted.

Really I cant see how they can stuff it up as its all Plug and Play, even the relay attached inside the LH side of the engine bay has a dedicated plug.
:!: I know it sounds bloody stupid but the Pos+ & Neg- leads coming off the relay to the battery aren,t arsed about :?: or the plug from your driving lights have correct Polarity.
Dibby would be a good bloke to ask
WUNSIE

Return to Electrical