MY2017 GLX+ wiring question

MY2017 GLX+ wiring question

Postby JeffW40 on Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:07 pm

All,

We have a MY2017 GLX+ and I would like to know if the wiring harness includes wiring for power foldable mirrors? Ie can I buy power mirrors and presumably a switch or similar and then find the appropriate wires and connectors in the door?

The issue I am trying to address is getting good rear vision when we have our camper trailer on the back? Some of the extendable units stick out a long way and would get collected by pedestrians or parking cars and thus folding mirrors are attractive.

Thanks Jeff
JeffW40

Re: MY2017 GLX+ wiring question

Postby NowForThe5th on Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:26 pm

Only way to be sure is to have a look.

Does the mirror control switch have the little button used to fold/unfold mirrors?

Remove one mirror and check whether wiring harness exists, but not connected.

The factory changes stuff like this all the time. Sometimes it's cheaper/easier to just use a common harness, other times they put in a harness specific for that model.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Re: MY2017 GLX+ wiring question

Postby JeffW40 on Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:19 pm

NowForThe5th

Many thanks for this. I had the passenger mirror off this afternoon and it looked like there was only the lead for the basic mirror operation and the ???speaker lead or whatever the grilled thing is. No button on the mirror switch for fold/unfold. I had just wondered whether there may be more harness in the door but did not want to unnecessarily take the door trim off. My feeling from what i saw and your response is that this is probably a specific model wiring harness. Bummer but them is the breaks.
JeffW40

Return to Electrical