MQ Aerpro reverse camera

MQ Aerpro reverse camera

Postby Monkeybum on Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:28 pm

I’ve had a pretty decent search and can’t find this anywhere, but please let me know if this has already been covered.

I recently purchased an Aerpro reverse camera, followed their (super limited) installation instructions, put the head unit back in, turned the engine on, put it in reverse and nothing came up on the screen.

I’m sure I plugged it in the correct port on the back of the head unit. The only thing that I can think of is that there is a wire that is cut to change from PAL to NTSC. Do I cut this?

I have called Mitsubishi, and Aerpro and they can’t tell me what to do next, so I was hoping that maybe someone on here might have had similar problems, or at least know a fix?

Thanks in advance
Monkeybum

Re: MQ Aerpro reverse camera

Postby Harddrive on Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:50 pm

Hi Monkeybum,
Assuming you are using a OEM head unit. When you put the car in reverse does the screen go black at all or does it stay on the same screen prior to going into reverse. If it is the latter can you post a close up photo of both the front and rear view of the plug you are plugging into the back of the head unit.
Harddrive

Re: MQ Aerpro reverse camera

Postby Monkeybum on Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:51 am

The screen didn’t change at all

I ended up sending the camera back to Frankie’s for them to check if the part is faulty. Once I have it back I’ll post the photos
Monkeybum

Return to Electrical