King brown 3” DPF back

King brown 3” DPF back

Postby The Newmans on Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:17 pm

Hey everyone,
I’ll post a thread elsewhere in regards to new plans etc but here is my review on my recent exhaust upgrade.
Firstly, I didn’t buy/install this exhaust for much more than bringing my EGT down for when I tow and when I hopefully tune this car in a couple of months time.
I installed it with my mate who has more experience than I but still only had installed his exhaust (Navara) with his Neighbor who is a mechanic. It fit together absolutely perfectly and all the hangers etc just worked, no kicking around.
Once turned on, there is a nice deep note although I didn’t tell the mrs and she didn’t know I had done it until I told her a couple of weeks later. When revved, you can hear the turbo (not a car guy) but again, nothing crazy, really what I wanted.
Iv been very surprised by the ‘performance’. Now, I don’t think iv gained much power but iv noticed about 1-1.5L per 100km at an average of 9-9.5 around town. This is a mix of main roads and 50km/h residential stuff. I don’t ever remember seeing numbers like that since putting my new tyres (275/65/17) on there and tbh I don’t think I got that prior although about 5 years ago. It also feels to me that my mid range torque has also improved although I’m happy to admit this could be feeling what I want to feel. There has been no change in the terrible lag in the car.
I read plenty of exhaust reviews etc before buying and didn’t expect much in regards to power or fuel savings, just a better note and the ability to keep EGT’s down. I’m very happy with this and looking forward to a few other upgrades.
The Newmans

Re: King brown 3” DPF back

Postby NowForThe5th on Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:13 am

Welcome along.

Experience here with 3" exhausts has been somewhat mixed, so glad it's working for you. The test will be when you tow that trailer up a long hill.

Did you note EGTs before and after installation? Wondering why you thought they were a problem.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Re: King brown 3” DPF back

Postby The Newmans on Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:27 pm

Sorry for the delayed reply.
Never monitored, not tested, simply going off second hand information. May not have ever been a problem. Usually a minimum requirement for tuning your car to gain a little extra performance though.
The Newmans

Return to Drive Train Components