engine oil level reset

engine oil level reset

Postby AlexMQ on Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:54 pm

Hello guys hoping you can shine some light on something that i have seen pop up on facebook a couple of times.

It is in regards to an oil level reset after an oil change. apparently someone got knocked back on warranty for a dpf and he had it service by someone other then Mitsubishi. they first said wrong oil and they showed receipts that this wasn't the case so Mitsubishi then said that the oil level wasn't reset each time.

Now i am at 7.5k km and looking to do an inbetween change. as far as any one is aware will i be ok to change the oil inbetween and how do you reset the oil level? Will be using the right penrite oil and genuine Mitsubishi oil filter.

Thank you.
AlexMQ

Re: engine oil level reset

Postby WUNSIE on Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:53 pm

AlexMQ wrote:Hello guys hoping you can shine some light on something that i have seen pop up on facebook a couple of times.

It is in regards to an oil level reset after an oil change. apparently someone got knocked back on warranty for a dpf and he had it service by someone other then Mitsubishi. they first said wrong oil and they showed receipts that this wasn't the case so Mitsubishi then said that the oil level wasn't reset each time.

Now i am at 7.5k km and looking to do an inbetween change. as far as any one is aware will i be ok to change the oil inbetween and how do you reset the oil level? Will be using the right penrite oil and genuine Mitsubishi oil filter.

Thank you.

Mate I have done the exact same thing, genuine filter each time, 1st time used Nulon 5w-30, found this a good oil, stayed clean till I had my first 12mth service, 2nd in between oil change this time I used Penrite C4 5w30, not a bad oil but I found this oil discoloured quicker than the Nulon, but both allowed the oil light to go out with in a couple of seconds from cold cranking, what I have tried now is Castrol Magnatec 5w40, ( ALL 3 OILS DPF compatible LOW SAPS ).I always get the oil when Supercheap have their sales and you can pick it up for a bloody good price,
Only changed it on the weekend so a bit early yet to see how it goes, but once again oil light goes out almost instant, bugger oil cold rattle, as for the Oil Level Reset, sounds like they are referring to the Service Reset, DO NOT RESET this as it is a dead give away that someone has done a service on the vehicle , just drop the oil, install new genuine filter, which I have found to be within a bee,s dick price wise of similar ryco etc( shop around as dealers for some reason have different prices) and leave the service reset alone as that's the reminder for you to take it back in to dealer, and if your handbook says its due for the 2 year/30,000km service and its been altered they are straight away suspicious, and thirdly Don't believe everything you read on face book 8-)
WUNSIE

Return to Drive Train Components