Rear diff lock position sensor

Rear diff lock position sensor

Postby Adictv on Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:27 pm

Hi,
Does anyone know if the sensor is broken does this just sense the position and or control the position
Adictv

Re: Rear diff lock position sensor

Postby srb on Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:50 pm

That sensor only detects the mechanical engagement, basically it just makes the dash light turn on to let you know when diff lock has engaged.
If the sensor has broken, your rear diff lock will still work perfectly, apart from the flashing light on the dash.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
TO SEE HOW TO HAVE A TRIP OF A LIFE TIME v
http://www.exploroz.com/Members/281229. ... x#mptabs=2
http://www.flickr.com/photos/exploroz/

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly know how far they can go.
srb
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Adictv on Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:39 pm

Thanks for the reply srb.
Basically Yes i broke the sensor well burnt it and its a 6 week wait from japan. My diff was locked so i had to pull the sensor out and pull the plate out to disengage the locker. My worrie is that it will lock by itself when im driving. I have been on the phone to everyone to work out if the tip of the position sensor goes on the front or backside of the plate but know one can tell me
Adictv

Postby Adictv on Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:41 pm

Also the service manual on this site doesnt give much info in regards to the sensor
Adictv

Postby Adictv on Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:47 pm

srb wrote:That sensor only detects the mechanical engagement, basically it just makes the dash light turn on to let you know when diff lock has engaged.
If the sensor has broken, your rear diff lock will still work perfectly, apart from the flashing light on the dash.

Sorry i just re read your post. Just to clarify once i got home after noticing the burt cable i tested the locker and it locked but then wouldnt unlock so i pulled the sensor out to see what was going on and could only manually unlock it by pulling the plate. It seams it only needs a small amount say 5mm push to lock it back in
Adictv

Postby srb on Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:43 pm

Adictv wrote:
srb wrote:That sensor only detects the mechanical engagement, basically it just makes the dash light turn on to let you know when diff lock has engaged.

Sorry i just re read your post. Just to clarify once i got home after noticing the burt cable i tested the locker and it locked but then wouldnt unlock so i pulled the sensor out to see what was going on and could only manually unlock it by pulling the plate. It seams it only needs a small amount say 5mm push to lock it back in
Weird... I was fairly sure that the position sensor has nothing to do with engagements? Are we talking about the same thing here? Mine has been busted for years and the diff lock works perfectly. As you see by the picture of mine the two wires have be ripped out.Click to view larger picture

TO SEE HOW TO HAVE A TRIP OF A LIFE TIME v
http://www.exploroz.com/Members/281229. ... x#mptabs=2
http://www.flickr.com/photos/exploroz/

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly know how far they can go.
srb
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Adictv on Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:32 am

Yeah thats the one. From what i can understand is that if you pull it out it needs to hook around the plate inside the diff which mine is broken so i now have nothing holding the plate
Adictv

Return to Drive Train Components