2016 GLS - what do you reckon?

2016 GLS - what do you reckon?

Postby Bundu_Brent on Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:43 pm

Hey all, took delivery of a 2016 GLS auto with 94500 on the clock a few days ago. Bought through a dealership but it's an ex fleet car and while clearly well maintained, the maintenance was carried out by the fleet management company's own workshop. Nothing unusual there, but the annoying thing is that the services were all logged with a mileage note and a rubber stamp - no indication of what work was actually carried out. I mean, did they change the diff oil at 90000km knowing they were about to sell the car? Hmm.

So I'm thinking, why not buy top quality lubricants and get a good mechanic to replace engine, transmission, diffs and centre diff without updating the book, just for my peace of mind, then go to standard dealership services from 105k? Or would you just ride it out for the next 10000km and ask Mitsubishi to do it all at 105k?

Also, while I'm here - what oil for the diffs? The manual just mentions some proprietary Mitsubishi oil.
Bundu_Brent

Re: 2016 GLS - what do you reckon?

Postby DibbyDibbyDJ on Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:24 pm

The front and rear diff oils are a GL-5 oil, 75w/80 super hypoid oil. 2.3l in rear 1.2 in front. Rear level is NOT when it flows out filler plug. 2.3l sits about 25mm below hole with wheels on level ground
2024 Outlander

mitsubishi-forums.com
DibbyDibbyDJ

Re: 2016 GLS - what do you reckon?

Postby Duck on Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:56 pm

You may be able to check the oils to see how they look ?
If you get it all done get the mechanic to log it in the book, always good to keep a record of it.
Life is what happens while you are busy making plans........
Duck

Return to Drive Train Components