Alternative to Kelly safari tsr

Alternative to Kelly safari tsr

Postby MADMETHBANSHEE on Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:33 am

Side walled a Kelly yesterday, been shopping around for new shoes any one got recommendations for alternatives? Don't want to go Kelly's again. Not after a mud tyre more a AT.

Looked at Toyo open country at 2 and Goodyear at adventurers.
$280 and $272 respectively

Thanks
MADMETHBANSHEE

Re: Alternative to Kelly safari tsr

Postby Tim650 on Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:17 pm

I run Bridgestone AT on my previous 4wd and got 60,000km with 30-40% tread still left. Never had a problem with them on any terrain. Now running 265/70/17 Bridgestone AT on my MQ with factory rims. No problems so far. Did take a bit of power out of it using bigger tyres and fuel economy is around 10-11 l/100km.
Everyone has 20/20 vision in hindsight, yet few people can see bugger all right in front of them!

Regret hurts more than failure ....
Tim650

Re: Alternative to Kelly safari tsr

Postby NowForThe5th on Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:49 pm

MADMETHBANSHEE wrote:any one got recommendations for alternatives?

First thing is to have a look in the Forum Directory. Big red button at the top of the window.

Then go to the Tyre Survey thread. Something like 27 pages of members experiences with various brands.

What will happen with threads like this is that you'll just get a zillion different recommendations based on what people are now running, including tyres that don't match your specifications/needs at all but "they're beaut tyres, mate". Funny thing, though, is that no-one ever makes a mistake in their choice of tyres so all that happens is they recommend them as buyer justification. You'll find, though, that there are only maybe half a dozen tyres that people will consistently buy and replace with the same. Look for those in the Tyre Survey thread and use them as your short list.

There are also a number of threads in the Tyres sub-forum which relate to specific brands/styles.

I'm going to lock this thread now. We like to keep it tidy around here. ;)
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Return to Tyres & Wheels