Vibration through pedal at 100KM/h

Vibration through pedal at 100KM/h

Postby Gillion17 on Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:09 pm

I have a 2022 Triton GSR auto, with only 3ookms on the clock. The vehicle recently started vibrating (vibration through the body/accelerator pedal, not steering), at about 90km/h and peaked at 100km/h and then disappeared at about 110km/h. Vibration is enough to make your right leg shake. Took it to dealership and they said it was due to flat spots on the tyres (from time sitting waiting for shipping etc). They tried to sort it by running tyres hot and then deflating them, and then re-inflating them and letting them cool while on its axles. The vibration is still present. Vehicle is going in next week to get looked at again, but was wondering if anybody has had any similar experience? I am just waiting for the dealer to try and fob me off with the "its just the nature of the vehicle"!!
Gillion17

Re: Vibration through pedal at 100KM/h

Postby gartam on Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:48 pm

If the tyres are flat spotted they have to replace them. It's nothing you've done. All vehicles if they are sitting in yards should have the tyres inflated to maximum until delivered.
gartam

Re: Vibration through pedal at 100KM/h

Postby RHKTriton on Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:53 am

If it's flat spotted tyres, they're shagged.

I'd be worried what further damage has been done by their attempts at remediation.

Their (supplier) issues from storage are not your problem. You've purchased a vehicle that has to be fit for purpose.

Demand new rubber.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Return to Tyres & Wheels