Video of removing a front strut on MQ triton

Video of removing a front strut on MQ triton

Postby ls2cruiser on Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:37 pm

Hi all, has anyone got a video of removal of the front strut on a MQ triton. I did not find any by searching. I have had another bash at it and my question is does the upper ball joint need to come away from the upper control arm to get the spacer in? The MQ does not have the 3 bolts that undo the ball joint like the earlier models. i am trying to fit 20mm strut spacers. What is the easiest way to get the top ball joint away from the control arm without buggering everything? It looks like a fun job lol Pain in the butt. I might even take it to the suspension place down the road. cheers
ls2cruiser

Re: Video of removing a front strut on MQ triton

Postby ls2cruiser on Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:11 pm

Well after talking to my friend the mechanic at Beedhams Exhaust they are going to attack it tomorrow. Also on a MQ you cannot cut the droop stop rubber (top one) back to allow movement as it has a metal back that is shaped into the rubber so if you cut it back there will be bugger all rubber to cushion the control arm when it hits the chassis. We are going to fit a superpro set of smaller stoppers. Beedhams are going to extend the bottom bolt (welding) on the rubber stopper so that we can fit a 12 mm spacer under the stopper. I dont have to bust my back either so all good
ls2cruiser

Return to Suspension