Diff drop kits

Diff drop kits

Postby jerrah on Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:39 pm

I know some of the lift kits limit height and there are other concerns people have of CV angle being too far off straight. Surely this diff drop kit would solve these issues? If it's this simple why wouldn't every lift kit include this rear diff mounting?

https://www.superiorengineering.com.au/superior-diff-drop-kit-mitsubishi-triton-ml-mq-27754
https://www.superiorengineering.com.au/image/instruction_files/Mitsubishi%20Triton%20Diff%20Drop%20inst.pdf

Only issue I can think of is that the increase of angle for front driveshaft might cause shudder.
jerrah

Re: Diff drop kits

Postby ls2cruiser on Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:08 pm

Jerrah, any increase of CV angles will increase CV wear.
ls2cruiser

Postby ls2cruiser on Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:12 pm

Also dropping the diff down decreases diff to ground clearance and also diff to bash plate clearance.
ls2cruiser

Postby 4WD Supplies on Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:31 am

We have started selling the Karrman aussie engineered diff drop kits mate and they are a nice and solid bit of gear that passes all aussie testing. they will help with cv angles and people are getting about 4 inch lift with no issues. ;)
4WD Supplies

Postby braydenc on Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:33 am

Good to see you have taken them on 4wd supplies im not opening the flood for another diff drop thread but what is the difference between yours and superiors bar more gear?
2013 MN dual Cab check my Instagram out heaps of 4x4 pics https://www.instagram.com/4x4campingandadventures/
braydenc

Postby Jacobie on Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:08 am

From what information I've gathered braydenc, the superior kit only drops the rear. There has been some discusison on the superior diff drop, but I haven't heard of any real world testing.

I've looked into the Karrman diff drop myself and know of a few blokes with the kit and had a chat about their experience with it and how it performs.

The Karrman kit is a proper diff drop kit and from what these guys have told me, it's really good quality and like Glen said, you can get upto 3-4" lift with flat cvs.
2013 MN GLX-R

Build Thread: Jacobie's 2013 MN GLX-R
Jacobie

Postby Jacobie on Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:09 am

4WD Supplies wrote:We have started selling the Karrman aussie engineered diff drop kits mate and they are a nice and solid bit of gear that passes all aussie testing. they will help with cv angles and people are getting about 4 inch lift with no issues. ;)

Can't wait to win the loto so I can buy this kit!
2013 MN GLX-R

Jacobie

Postby BillMcQuade on Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:17 am

4WD Supplies wrote:We have started selling the Karrman aussie engineered diff drop kits mate and they are a nice and solid bit of gear that passes all aussie testing.

VASS engineering approval covers Victoria, what about RMS engineering approval in NSW?
White 2013 MN GLX+ manual

"Tuned by Doctor Diesel"
BillMcQuade
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Tony81 on Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:36 pm

BillMcQuade wrote:
4WD Supplies wrote:We have started selling the Karrman aussie engineered diff drop kits mate and they are a nice and solid bit of gear that passes all aussie testing.

VASS engineering approval covers Victoria, what about RMS engineering approval in NSW?

Apparently Ultimate have installed a few of these kits (Karrman) and have had them through engineering as well. Perhaps they will chime in with a comment if they see fit or you could PM or call them...
Tony81
Platinum Subscriber

Postby jerrah on Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:39 pm

Mq's, mn's or hiluxes?
jerrah

Postby Jacobie on Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:44 pm

jerrah wrote:Mq's, mn's or hiluxes?

I'd say Mq's and Mn's. Pretty sure Karrman diff drops are for Tritos/challengers and Paj's (so I've seen).

Hilux's have a lot more diff drop options... Cheaper too :cry:
2013 MN GLX-R

Jacobie

Postby Tony81 on Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:34 pm

jerrah wrote:Mq's, mn's or hiluxes?

From what Nick told me when I was fortunate to win one of his kits, it was for MN's.

If I were you I would be sending Ultimate a PM or calling them direct :D 8-)
Tony81
Platinum Subscriber

Postby MuzzaMQ on Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:05 am

Hi just wondering if anyone has fitted or heard of how the superior diff drop kits are going? Im looking at getting one it just seems very cheap compared to the others on the market.
MuzzaMQ

Postby L200Shogun on Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:08 am

MuzzaMQ wrote:Hi just wondering if anyone has fitted or heard of how the superior diff drop kits are going? Im looking at getting one it just seems very cheap compared to the others on the market.

People fit them only about 15mm "drop" does not increase down travel. Really only to help cv angles with a true 50mm lift with stock components.

The Karrman kit is best option.
Others fit the My Tuff Diff drop and UCAs others also fit it with the superior mount you mentioned.
All manner of UCAs for sale now, Choose with care some give more strut clearance but no extra travel.

I think staying with a low 50mm lift (570 to 580mm) best option and spending money in other ways to improve off rad performance but ymmv
L200Shogun

Postby MuzzaMQ on Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:21 am

Ok mate no worries cheers for the info
MuzzaMQ

Postby schons on Thu May 13, 2021 11:27 am

Hi guys, I have purchased a set of the karmann UCA for my triton. First I tried to install a OEM bushing but it was loose and knocking while driving. So I changed to the 2nd set thinking that the first set is faulty. Results are still the same. So now I had changed to whiteline bushing. And it’s not helping.

https://youtube.com/shorts/9Imq-1yuaPA?feature=share

This link will show you the problem. Anybody have any advice on this?
schons

Return to Suspension