Mq rust at top of strut

Mq rust at top of strut

Postby MuzzaMQ on Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:26 am

Hi just wondering if anyone on this site has been told by a mechanic that tritons have a reputation of rusting the nut at the top of the strut. Caused by a poor design that holds water therefore not being able to seperate the spring from the strut? It's on a MQ triton
MuzzaMQ

Re: Mq rust at top of strut

Postby mitzi1 on Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:34 pm

No mate, but i have rust round the top of the bottom bit of my strut, the fat bit that holds the oil and fastens on the chassis. On a basically new vehicle. I notice a lot of nuts on the Triton are pretty poor quality.
Cheers.
mitzi1

Postby DibbyDibbyDJ on Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:08 pm

MuzzaMQ wrote:Hi just wondering if anyone on this site has been told by a mechanic that tritons have a reputation of rusting the nut at the top of the strut. Caused by a poor design that holds water therefore not being able to seperate the spring from the strut? It's on a MQ triton

No Never heard of that. Same design as MN, Never seen it on those either.
2024 Outlander

mitsubishi-forums.com
DibbyDibbyDJ

Postby WUNSIE on Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:08 pm

mitzi1 wrote:No mate, but i have rust round the top of the bottom bit of my strut, the fat bit that holds the oil and fastens on the chassis. On a basically new vehicle. I notice a lot of nuts on the Triton are pretty poor quality.
Cheers.

Yeah have to agree there mate, when I got my Brand New MQ, I must have spent a few hours with a good quality gloss black spray can going around and spraying all the bare, lightly painted welds, diff, suspension etc Looked bloody fantastic when done and has remained like it

Compared to my Toyota Hilux, all the welds, on diff, suspension, was so thick and uniform
WUNSIE

Return to Suspension