Best canopy for MQ

Canopy

Postby OMEOMAN on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:38 pm

Hi all, is anyone using a ironman canopy on their Mq? Want to know the good and bad about them. I am tossing between one of these or an aeroklas canopy.
OMEOMAN

Re: Best canopy for MQ

Postby koldiron on Thu May 25, 2017 7:18 pm

I have just had an Aeroklas canopy fitted and am very happy with it. Got it when they had a $400 cash back the other month. I am starting to see more Ironman canopies around my way. Haven't had a close up look but they seem fine. On a side note, am seeing a lot more Ironman accessories on cars.
koldiron

Postby kevin on Sat May 27, 2017 8:15 am

Petery wrote:I'm glad to discover this forum and this thread in particular. I'm in the process of buying a new dual cab triton. We have a 85kg autohome roof top tent

I have an autohome rooftop on my MN and a an Alpha Workstyle canopy with side panel doors from Caddy; it is very strong and works well: http://www.caddystorage.com.au/products ... doors-cmx/
MY'10 MN GLX-R auto
MY'03 Forester XS
https://www.offroadsubarus.com/
kevin

Postby 91GQST on Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:42 pm

I am trying not to start a new thread if I don't have to so I thought this one seemed appropriate and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with OZ Canopies and if so what are your thoughts?
[url]
http://www.ozcanopies.com.au/part-detai ... ide-doors/[/url]

I haven't bought an MQ yet but it looks highly likely that will happen in the new year so i am already looking at what accessories I will need and really like the features and price of this canopy

I have tried searching through other threads including the one dedicated to canopies but haven't found these mentioned anywhere which seemed strange. Are they any good?
91GQST

Postby Triton_matt on Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:09 am

I found that most canopies are clamped on to the tub which I wasn’t a huge fan of.
I ended up going with an ARB classic because it is bolted to the tub and also has a little extra headroom for my dogs.
Triton_matt

Postby PIM on Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:41 pm

Ordering a Mean Mother Canopy on Tuesday, anyone have experience with their product? Ordering sight unseen looks good online tho and in the right price range $3K fitted. :geek:
PIM

Postby 91GQST on Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:16 pm

Well just thought i would provide an update to my last post. I did end up buying an MQ and i did end up fitting an OZ canopy and so far am really happy with the design and features as well as value for money. Will post up a pic once I work out how.
91GQST

Postby 91GQST on Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:50 pm

91GQST

Postby NowForThe5th on Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:29 pm

Click to view larger picture

Right click the Google image and then click "Copy Image Location".

Go back to NewTriton in the Post Reply page, click on the button that says "Img" and then Ctrl+V to paste the link.

Making your readers follow links all over the place to view an image is a PITA.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby 91GQST on Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:53 am

NowForThe5th wrote:
Right click the Google image and then click "Copy Image Location".

Go back to NewTriton in the Post Reply page, click on the button that says "Img" and then Ctrl+V to paste the link.

Making your readers follow links all over the place to view an image is a PITA.

I agree with you following links is a pain but still better than nothing at all. I tried to link the pic the way you mentioned but it didn't seem to work when I tried to preview it so not sure what was going on. Also from your post I see that not all of the picture is being displayed so obviously I will need to resize them in the future as well.
91GQST

Postby NowForThe5th on Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:38 am

You need to click on the image in your Google album first, to make it full window. This gives the correct url for the image, not your Google page. Then follow procedure as I outlined.

Images that are too large will display only partially, depending on window size. Just click on an image like this to display the full image, or right click and select "View Image".

To see the actual BBCode click on "QUOTE" for my post, above.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby rhr on Wed May 08, 2019 6:29 pm

Bit of a thread bump

After a bit of feedback on the flexiglass and some decent interior and exterior pics
rhr

Postby Topspark on Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:19 am

PIM wrote:Ordering a Mean Mother Canopy on Tuesday, anyone have experience with their product? Ordering sight unseen looks good online tho and in the right price range $3K fitted. :geek:

You have had this for a while, so just wondering on your thoughts and feedback?
Topspark

Postby Mitch212 on Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:11 am

Hi, wondering if any of the guys who bought an EKO canopy from 4x4 trek can provide feedback on the canopy and service? Have been quoted $2600ish fitted from them and the canopy looks pretty good online. It’s about $2000 less than other quotes I’ve had once roof bars etc get added in
Mitch212

Postby Deadhead on Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:15 am

Hi all, I fitted the Aeroklas canopy, tub and rear roof racks on same day. $4400 for the lot. I’m very happy with the way it look and the usability of it. I have lift up windows on both side. The glass is very dark, almost impossible to see into unless you have your nose on the glass. There was no extra stop light included (extra $$$) But is built into the cars keyless locking system. So far I have had no issues. It looks good and is practable.
Whilst I was doing my research I found that the ARB canopies were having a glass exploding issue. (Tube footage around) so that was the deciding factor.
Deadhead

Postby TheScot on Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:50 pm

Hi guys. Bumping this thread to get some more recommendations before I bite the bullet on a canopy for my MR. I'm located in Melbourne (outer south-east).

My priorities are:

- Integrates with central locking (to all windows - don't want to have to use keys on side windows)
- Decent paint match to my paint colour (white diamond)
- Preferably fibreglass
- Good build quality
- Vent would be nice

Right now I'm looking at the Carryboy canopies (a mate has one, looks good) and also the Flexiglass Flexisport premium.

I'll check out some in person before biting the bullet. Any other recommendations would be much appreciated.
TheScot

Postby Abigeus on Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:38 am

https://www.pjs4x4.com.au/elite-canopy

I'm looking at this mob out of Melbourne. Not cheap but damn it looks nice
Abigeus

Postby TheScot on Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:23 am

Abigeus wrote:https://www.pjs4x4.com.au/elite-canopy

I'm looking at this mob out of Melbourne. Not cheap but damn it looks nice

That does look nice. Interesting window design.
TheScot

Postby TheScot on Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:25 am

Doesn't look like I can edit my above post, but after checking them both out in person I have put a deposit down on the Carryboy. Can't wait!
TheScot

Postby Boat on Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:39 am

This is my Canopy

Boat

Postby TheScot on Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:44 am

Boat wrote:This is my Canopy

What brand is that? Can't quite make it out.
TheScot

Postby Boat on Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:55 pm

TheScot wrote:

Alpha GSX it's called. It's the Most expensive canopy here in europe, central locking on all windos/tailgate door.

It's coust around 6500 Australien dollars
Boat

Postby TheScot on Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:35 am

Yikes that's pricey! Thought mine was expense at $4,350. Looks good though.
TheScot

Postby Boat on Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:34 pm

TheScot wrote:Yikes that's pricey! Thought mine was expense at $4,350. Looks good though.

Yeah parts are realy expensive here in europe to utes. You can find some cheaper canopys for 4500$ but they are ugly and bad fiting.
Boat

Postby Enid_Triton on Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:07 pm

Boat wrote:
TheScot wrote:

Alpha GSX it's called. It's the Most expensive canopy here in europe, central locking on all windos/tailgate door.

It's coust around 6500 Australien dollars

Wow, that's a lot of lettuce,
I needed a red one and couldn't find any. Some suppliers wanted me to wait a month to have one painted & some others wanted me to wait three months to have a red on imported from somewhere in Asia.
So, me being MR. Impatient, I took matters into my own hands. Basically, I got wind that there was one on display in Sydney, so I got on the phone & made a sweet deal with Caddy Storage. I bought a red Alpha GSX off their showroom floor in Sydney.
Then it was shipped to Bris and fitted by Caddy for under Three Grand in 4 days from the day I paid for it.
I have had it now for two years, nothing has broken & it still doesn't leak or rattle. Its' good..
Enid_Triton

Previous

Return to Exterior Mods