Genuine 2 piece hard lid fitment

Genuine 2 piece hard lid fitment

Postby aquagen on Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:12 pm

Wondering if anyone has put the genuine 2 piece lid on their mq and found the alignment out. The lid on mine sits about 10mm lower than the front sports bar section and is rubbing where the two pieces meet. It continues being 10mm lower all the way to the tailgate. I loosened the hinge bolts but they only have adjustment forward/backwards and not the up/down I need.

IV seen one getting around that everything sits flush but not sure how it was achieved. My tub has an over rail spray liner but it looks a pretty uniform 3mm and shouldn't throw out the lid that much
aquagen

Re: Genuine 2 piece hard lid fitment

Postby aquagen on Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:13 pm

Here is a few pics from mitsi catalog Click to view larger pictureClick to view larger picture
Here is mine
Click to view larger pictureClick to view larger picture

Took it back to the dealers and paid for them to fit and that was the best they could get

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
aquagen

Postby veom on Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:06 am

I have one on my ML and it looks about the same it's not flush. I did install it myself and could have stuffed it.
veom

Postby aquagen on Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:45 am

Yep. Had a look at 2 others there and mine was the least out of alignment. In Mitsubishi hands now. Not real impressed for the money it's worth
aquagen

Return to Exterior Mods