Ironman bullbar and winch install.

Ironman bullbar and winch install.

Postby Zwagerman9 on Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:33 pm

Hi.

I have a 2017 GLS Manual Triton that I have fitted out with full Ironman barwork..rear protection bar.. Side steps...brush bars and winch bullbar.

The advice given to me about winch fitment was that the bullbar would need to be completely removed to install a winch to the mounting plate. I thought I might save some people some guess work and advise that it is possible without removing the bullbar.

You will need to remove the plastic top trim cover (about 10 plastic screw expander clips), the grill cover (2 plastic screw clips, 2 screws into the grill cover) there is a front bar that each headlight mounts into (2 screws) the bar is removed ( 4x10mm bolts and you will need to gently lift the headlights up) the wiring harness popped off the bar. Remove the 2 horns. And you can rotate and remove this bar to give enough room to drop in the winch.

Bottom bash plates need to be removed to install the winch to plates. Cheap 12000 pound bullbar installed and brand name omitted.

Apologies as at the time I decided not to take photos and get on with the job.

Good luck.

Rae
Zwagerman9

Re: Ironman bullbar and winch install.

Postby NowForThe5th on Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:30 pm

Good post, Rae. Lots of people who might find this more convenient.

For myself, I wouldn't bother. Most bullbars are secured by just 6 or 8 bolts in the vertical brackets. I disconnect driving/fog/indicator lights and UHF antenna then support and lift the bullbar away with an engine crane. Perfect access to the winch cradle plate from there. Not everyone has the luxury of such equipment, though.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby blackmagic on Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:15 pm

any chance you can re do the install and get photo's ? lol
blackmagic

Postby Zwagerman9 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:11 pm

Haha. At the time it was a trial to see if I could do it without taking the bar off. By the time half of the stuff was off I was committed. If you need more advice feel free to give me a message.
Zwagerman9

Postby WoodysMq on Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:30 pm

I have just installed the Ironman commercial deluxe to my MQ and looking for advice on wiring. Can I just cut off the old fog light plug and rig straight to the new fog lights wiring supplied and how have people done the indicator/park lights that come with the bar. Any pics or advice would be appreciated, there's like a thousand wires that come from the rear of the headlights!!
WoodysMq

Return to Exterior Mods