Fitting of nudge bar to chassis

Fitting of nudge bar to chassis

Postby SteveDD on Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:45 pm

Hi members, I've been given a nudge bar with brackets for my my18 mq triton. Unfortunately there are no instructions and the bolts don't seem to fit the holes in the chassis. It is the type that the brackets fit through the lower front grill.
Does anyone have a similar bar and can tell me how the brackets mount? Perhaps instructions for a similar bar? The bar aligns with pre drilled holes but there doesn't seem to have any thread to screw in bolts. If someone has a genuine nudge bar which have the same mounts, perhaps you can tell me how the brackets attach?
Cheers,
StevDD
SteveDD

Re: Fitting of nudge bar to chassis

Postby DibbyDibbyDJ on Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:58 am

What make is it? Should be a sticker.....
2024 Outlander

mitsubishi-forums.com
DibbyDibbyDJ

Postby notfred52 on Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:04 pm

yep Im in the same boat, i cant seem to remove the lower front grill on my MQ, is there a trick to this or what?
notfred52

Postby DibbyDibbyDJ on Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:25 pm

notfred52 wrote:yep Im in the same boat, i cant seem to remove the lower front grill on my MQ, is there a trick to this or what?

Remove the complete bumper cover
2024 Outlander

mitsubishi-forums.com
DibbyDibbyDJ

Postby DibbyDibbyDJ on Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:27 pm

SteveDD wrote:Hi members, I've been given a nudge bar with brackets for my my18 mq triton. Unfortunately there are no instructions and the bolts don't seem to fit the holes in the chassis. It is the type that the brackets fit through the lower front grill.
Does anyone have a similar bar and can tell me how the brackets mount? Perhaps instructions for a similar bar? The bar aligns with pre drilled holes but there doesn't seem to have any thread to screw in bolts. If someone has a genuine nudge bar which have the same mounts, perhaps you can tell me how the brackets attach?
Cheers,
StevDD

The bolts that go down through the top of the chassis rail should have rectangular nuts with stiff wire welded to them.. These go through the oval hole on the outside of the rail and you the screw the 8mm thread bolts in to them
2024 Outlander

mitsubishi-forums.com
DibbyDibbyDJ

Postby notfred52 on Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:25 pm

thanks for that, looks like will have to take off whole bumper then
notfred52

Postby WUNSIE on Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:56 pm

Look back through previous posts I fitted up OEM Nudgeie, no problem and that was been fussy as buggery when it came to slotting out lower grill for brackets, search and read, and as Dibby stated nuts have a small length of wire to enable you to hold them in position ;)
WUNSIE

Postby WUNSIE on Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:56 pm

Look back through previous posts I fitted up OEM Nudgeie, no problem and that was been fussy as buggery when it came to slotting out lower grill for brackets, search and read, and as Dibby stated nuts have a small length of wire to enable you to hold them in position ;)
WUNSIE

Return to Exterior Mods