RECALL: Mitsubishi MQ and MR Triton MY2015-2019

RECALL: Mitsubishi MQ and MR Triton MY2015-2019

Postby Abigeus on Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:27 pm

https://www.productsafety.gov.au/recall/mitsubishi-motors-australia-limited-mitsubishi-mq-and-mr-triton-my2015-2019

Check VIN here: https://www.productsafety.gov.au/system/files/VIN%20list_337.xlsx

What are the defects?

Due to incorrect installation, the genuine accessory towbar wiring harness (where fitted) may allow liquids to contact the electrical circuits. This may cause the harness and its surrounds to overheat, burn or catch fire.
What are the hazards?

If the tow bar wiring harness or its surrounds burn or catch fire, there is a risk of injury to vehicle occupants and other road users.
What should consumers do?

Mitsubishi Motors Australia will write to affected owners and advise them to present their vehicle to their preferred dealer to have the vehicle rectified, free of charge.
Abigeus

Re: RECALL: Mitsubishi MQ and MR Triton MY2015-2019

Postby WUNSIE on Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:32 am

The way I read it, its not a fault of the product, but human error ( Due to incorrect Installation )
Probably one of the relays are installed upside down and acting as a water trap then filling the relay full up of water :?:

When I installed my wiring harness, I gave the connecting plugs a dose of Dielectric Grease and the water proofing seals in the plugs themselves a good smear of ( O-Ring friendly ) silicone grease to help keep water and every day sh*t out of them
WUNSIE

Re: RECALL: Mitsubishi MQ and MR Triton MY2015-2019

Postby DibbyDibbyDJ on Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:10 am

The main cause was the earth wire being fitted to the wrong point, and earthing through a bad connection, causing Components to heat up. And a secondary point was the incorrect routing of the harness and water ingress to the connector when carpets get wet.

All down to not reading the instructions :-(
2024 Outlander

mitsubishi-forums.com
DibbyDibbyDJ

Return to Warranty/Recalls