Servicing at Penrith mitsubishi nsw

Servicing at Penrith mitsubishi nsw

Postby Rain on Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:31 am

Hi guys,

I have recently bought a MQ triton from mitsubishi penrith -nepean motor group and just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with them in the past. If yes, how were they to deal with in servicing,warranty repairs, etc.

My car is currently getting it's 1500km inspection done and I am thinking whether to carryout the future servicing here or at a dedicated mitsubishi dealer. Nepean motor group is a multi brand dealer so their workshop is not dedicated mitsubishi. They service vw,nissan,mitsu,suzuki,jeep,etc and it does worry me a bit that their knowledge on each brand could be limited compared to dedicated mitsu dealers.

What are your thoughts and please let me know of any other great dealers in nsw western suburbs...

Thanks. .
Rain

Re: Servicing at Penrith mitsubishi nsw

Postby Longranger1 on Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:35 pm

Our multi-brand dealer service a lot of different makes, poorly.... In this they show great consistency.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they do have some damned good ideas.

If it's feral, it's in peril.

MN turbo lag? What lag??

99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.
Longranger1
Platinum Subscriber

Postby m sciffer on Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:17 pm

hi there I purchased a EX -trail as in name I needed the front bearings changed at 1100 km no loan car two weeks left of my holidays and no car for three weeks had to wait for parts wasn't happy . next had a pajero the right hand fog light had condensation in would not replace it was acceptable by service manager , not happy bought a new fog light on ebay to fix . I now live in grafton and own a nm triton very happy with the vehicle and warranty at clarance motors can't fault them but serviced at nrma dealer excellent service . to me seams that country towns seam to give good service but service in cities the market is big and you become a number and many other customers to take your place
m sciffer

Postby RHKTriton on Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:25 pm

I think the problem is some dealers are so bloody greedy and want to dominate the market in their patch, instead of being committed to one or two products and put in the effort they deserve!
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby ronnieq on Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:42 pm

They serviced my MN a few times.
Left parts off, sump plug loose didnt carry out work, refused to acknowledge warranty problems.
I got sick of them after the second service and never went back.
I haveca few friends who have had issues with them.
Take a drive down The Northern Road to Camden Valley Motors you will be happy with them.
PM if you would like my phone number to discuss this further
I asked an old bike racer once "When I grow up if I could ride motorcyles ?" He said "You can't do both young fella !"
ronnieq

Postby peterdeg on Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:06 am

I've been going to the Penrith for 10 years.
Zero issues (including some bizarre warranty ones) beyond not posting me copies of the paperwork when I ask for it after a service.
Maybe because I bought the Pajero and the Triton through them ???
Peter
2011 MN GLX-R manual.
Some pics here.
Build thread here.

4WD History: 2004 NP GLS Pajero DiD. 2002 Freelander Td4. 1996 Subaru DL wagon. Learnt in a 1980 F100.
peterdeg
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Rain on Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:50 am

Thanks for the replies guys. Appreciate your feedback. Looks like we have some mixed reviews and some of their mistakes are quite shocking. After all, titan on average costs around $600 for a service, and want to make sure that my money is not wasted at the end(it will be, but you know what I mean).

They actually did make a mistake with my service. When I went there Saturday morning, they couldn't find my paperwork and they couldn't locate my booking on their computer. Apparently the guy that I spoke to on the phone had booked me in for Friday.

@ronnieq..how long have you been dealing with Camden Valley Motors for mate?

@peterdeg...do they give you a detail receipt after each service? I just want to find out why the triton cost so much for servicing. Most of the items according to the service book are inspections only and 90% of the times it is an oil and a filter change..

Cheers..
Rain

Postby Terror on Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:10 am

I bought mine from Lander Mitsu at Blacktown but have only had my 1500k inspection done as of yet. I did a search on their quality of work but didn't come up with anything so I assume no news is good news lol.
Terror

Postby leonbee on Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:05 pm

Over all the dealers service thousands of vehicles and would have many happy customers and well maintained vehicles on the road by dedicated mechanics....

It does however appear some of the repair complaints shouted are slack basic mistakes due to Poor service management or the unidentified slacker mechanic that does not belong in the trade.

If you feel your warranty obligations are not being met by your service manager, you should check your rights with the department of fair trading.
leonbee

Postby bobski on Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:23 pm

I've used NMG for major services on various brand cars and they have been fine (other than all the BS you subsidise like coffees, breakfast, loan cars etc). I've also used a good local mechanic otherwise and never had any problems. But of course, YMMV :)
bobski

Postby peterdeg on Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:28 pm

Rain wrote:@peterdeg...do they give you a detail receipt after each service? I just want to find out why the triton cost so much for servicing. Most of the items according to the service book are inspections only and 90% of the times it is an oil and a filter change..

Not broken down by item.
eg. for the 45,000k service, there's a list of labour and parts ("as per handbook") for a total of $536 (October 2013)
Additional things beyond the standard service are itemised separately.

Must admit, I didn't pay a huge amount of attention as it was leased at the time.
Peter
2011 MN GLX-R manual.
Some pics here.
Build thread here.

4WD History: 2004 NP GLS Pajero DiD. 2002 Freelander Td4. 1996 Subaru DL wagon. Learnt in a 1980 F100.
peterdeg
Platinum Subscriber

Postby ronnieq on Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:37 pm

I have been using them for about 110000ks.
So in Triton years thats one turbo, one gear box, one clutch, two suction control valves, two egr/manifold cleans, water pump, timing belt and an engine rebuild and about 3 months of loan cars.
All repaired under warranty.
I probably missed a few things.

Biggest shit box I have ever owned.

I can highly recommend the Camden Mitsubishi service department.

Can't recommend the cars they sell.

Ronnie Q
I asked an old bike racer once "When I grow up if I could ride motorcyles ?" He said "You can't do both young fella !"
ronnieq

Postby leonbee on Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:04 pm

[quote="ronnieq"]I have been using them for about 110000ks.
So in Triton years thats one turbo, one gear box, one clutch, two suction control valves, two egr/manifold cleans, water pump, timing belt and an engine rebuild and about 3 months of loan cars.
All repaired under warranty.
I probably missed a few things.

Some people have all the luck :lol: :lol:
leonbee

Postby har05l on Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:43 pm

I've used NMG for over 5 years in servicing and warranty issues and never really had a problem.

If you do commit with them try and get a guy by the name of Drew to take care of you ;)
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Rain on Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:48 pm

Thanks for the replies guys. I normally don't trust anyone with my cars. I don't know if it is just me, but I like service centres where I can actually physically see them drain the engine oil and change oil filters, etc. I'll keep this thread updated in the future. Triton has already done 3000kms, so it won't be long before it is due for another service.

Cheers
Rain

Postby kevin on Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:15 am

Have mine serviced at Heartland Castle Hill and very happy. Purchased at Nepean MG and first serviced there but switched to HL as closer to home and had some issues with NMG. Greg, the service manager at HL is great and really fights for his customers rights when it comes to warranty etc.
MY'10 MN GLX-R auto
MY'03 Forester XS
https://www.offroadsubarus.com/
kevin

Return to Servicing