Fuel filler/ cap on tray back MQ's

Fuel filler/ cap on tray back MQ's

Postby Tyno on Tue May 16, 2017 2:09 pm

Hey all, done a bit of searching and found plenty about fuel fillers etc but cant find what Im after. Still waiting on my Triton (trays being fitted next week!) but had the chance recently to look at an identical one waiting to be picked up by its new owner. Mitsubishi had taken the tub off and fitted the tray but had simply bolted the existing filler neck to the new tray. The factory breather was left open and hanging in fresh air and the cable to open the cap on the tub was left rolled up hanging in front of the mudguard. I made comment to the salesman about it and he looked embarrassed before offering to buy a lockable fuel cap himself after I commented on the lack of security as well.
My question is has anyone on here purchased a new car with a tray fitted and how was yours delivered?
Surely Mitsubishi make a different filler neck for the cab chassis versions?
Tyno

Re: Fuel filler/ cap on tray back MQ's

Postby Jacobie on Tue May 16, 2017 2:14 pm

I recently put a tray on a dual cab style side. I actually reused the filler neck like the dealers, although I rolled the puller cable up and zip tied it to the frame of the tray. Same same but slightly different. I am yet to buy a lockable fuel cap as i'm still using my old one off the tub.

To fit the filler neck I had to trim the hose and bolted it to the tray. The breather and overflow hoses I trimmed a little as well, but basically all connected and operating the same.

*Edit* This is on an MN. Not sure how different MQ's are.
2013 MN GLX-R

Build Thread: Jacobie's 2013 MN GLX-R
Jacobie

Re: Fuel filler/ cap on tray back MQ's

Postby pyrah on Tue May 16, 2017 2:20 pm

My old single cab MN tray back ute came with a locking fuel cap keyed the same as the ignition switch edit bayonet type cap
Tha' can allus tell a Yorkshireman, but tha' can't tell 'im much
pyrah

Return to Fuel Systems