dpf

dpf

Postby snippi on Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:58 pm

Anyone know if the mq triton does a dpf regen according to time/kms travelled, or does it rely on sensors alone on the dpf unit itself?
Just thinking if its on a time/km basis then a race pipe is half useless because ill still get diesel contamination in the oil
snippi

Re: dpf

Postby andelect on Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:27 pm

http://mmc-manuals.ru/manuals/l200_v/on ... dex_M1.htm

Workshop manual says this below......in the "engine and emission control" content section.
"The Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) system is used to adsorb and remove the Particulate Matter (PM) contained in the exhaust gas. The engine-ECU anticipates the amount of PM accumulated in the DPF through the input signal from each sensor.
If the PM accumulates more than the standard, the engine-ECU carries out the control that automatically regenerates the DPF under certain conditions to remove the PM. At the DPF regeneration, the DPF temperature gets high and high temperature exhaust gases are given off."

There are some drawings and sensor locations.
andelect

Postby snippi on Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:52 pm

Thanks for that mate.. so according to this it relies on dpf sensors but i wonder if it still does it at a set kms travelled as well..i dont want the diesel going past the rings and diluting the oil
snippi

Postby chapmaan on Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:08 am

I did have a dpf sensor failure and diesel did dilute the oil - had the oil changed twice in a week.
chapmaan

Postby Merts on Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:27 am

In 55k kms the DPF light has never illuminated on my MQ. I do have an ultraguage monitoring a couple of things including one of the exhaust temp sensors, and I do notice it occasionally climbs up over 500 degrees for a short while. Not sure if that is related to an ECU initiated burn off, or just normal running. The oil level seems to remain constant between services so it doesn't appear to be being diluted to any measurable degree. Considering what a PITA the system was on my NS Pajero, the MQ has been a pleasant surprise.
GLS MQ Triton, ARB Summit front, rear and side bars, Carryboy canopy and rack, Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear E-locker, Drifta drawers and a few other bits and pieces.
Merts
Platinum Subscriber

Postby snippi on Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:42 pm

Interesting what does the exhaust temp sensor normay show?
snippi

Return to Fuel Systems