Tuning box options for 2019 GLS ?

Tuning box options for 2019 GLS ?

Postby wilsonj on Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:57 am

Hi all,

Just taken delivery of a new Triton GLS-Premium. Lovely upgrade over my MN I must say.

Power is much better too, but maybe due to the new gearbox, and auto vs my old manual.

However I would like a little more kick out of it, and am considering a chip. But not sure which ones are good and which to steer clear of. Or maybe none of them are good ?

Car has done about 4000km so far. ( purchased demo)

The 2 I have seen are
https://www.sw-diesel.com.au/product/mi ... bhp-430nm/

https://dieselchiptuning.com.au/product ... %3C/div%3E

Bit of a price difference. Any thoughts ?

Cheers
Jamie
wilsonj

Re: Tuning box options for 2019 GLS ?

Postby DibbyDibbyDJ on Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:47 am

So you want more power? Trade it in a get a RAM.

I Have seen chipped Tritons with Cracked exhaust manifolds and broken downpipes due to excessive exhaust gas temperature.
2024 Outlander

mitsubishi-forums.com
DibbyDibbyDJ

Postby wilsonj on Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:52 am

Ouch OK thanks for your suggestion.
wilsonj

Postby RHKTriton on Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:28 am

I'd suggest to leave it alone for the first year so there's no quibbles if any warranty issues should come up.

Re chips, I've got the sw- diesel chip (migrated from son's MN).

It does make the drive a bit more lively (only set on mid settings), however, with around 250k on the clock, at some times the clutch would let go even in top gear. So until a new clutch goes in......

Having driven the MR, it goes pretty good.

I don't understand how people make a decision to move into a light duty truck, that weights nearly 2.5 t once you've got some gear on board and expect to drive like they're in a sorts car.

Lastly, if you do any mods that affect fueling, be prepared to install EGT that's.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby wilsonj on Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:53 am

RHKTriton wrote:I'd suggest to leave it alone for the first year so there's no quibbles if any warranty issues should come up.

Re chips, I've got the sw- diesel chip (migrated from son's MN).

It does make the drive a bit more lively (only set on mid settings), however, with around 250k on the clock, at some times the clutch would let go even in top gear. So until a new clutch goes in......

Having driven the MR, it goes pretty good.

I don't understand how people make a decision to move into a light duty truck, that weights nearly 2.5 t once you've got some gear on board and expect to drive like they're in a sorts car.

Lastly, if you do any mods that affect fueling, be prepared to install EGT that's.

Thanks for your reply.
Firstly, as the vehicle has a 7 yr warranty, it is likely to be covered for the time that I own it.

Really was only looking for a little more performance down low. I do agree, it drives much better than the MN I had though, and I'm not looking to drag race the thing,

Honestly, given the lack of love I am seeing for these things I think I'll just leave it be.

Thanks again.
wilsonj

Return to Fuel Systems