Intercooler pipes

Intercooler pipes

Postby Mickello on Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:59 pm

Hi, just had Forefront intercooler pipes put on, after hearing about so many split Mitsi pipes. Now after even a short drive, idles at 900. Drops back to 600 after a few minutes. Like it's doing a burn every trip. No DPF light. Not sure what's going on. Is this ok?
Cheers and thanks
Mickello

Re: Intercooler pipes

Postby DibbyDibbyDJ on Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:49 pm

Any leaks? Is your oil level creeping up?
2024 Outlander

mitsubishi-forums.com
DibbyDibbyDJ

Postby WUNSIE on Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:48 am

Did you do the job or someone else ??

Sounds like its sucking/ Leaking air, are you sure all the clamps are tight :shock:

If it was running good prior to swapping out the OEM hoses and nothing else was removed, I,d be double checking each and every fit and make sure the hoses are a nice fit on the flange before they are clamped up !!!!!

In other words check and make sure they were not too large for the given cause and they were simply squashed up hoping they would seal.

I know it is a pain in the ar*e but to rule out if they are the problem reinstall the original ones, system of elimination
WUNSIE

Postby Mickello on Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:30 pm

Hi,
Oil level is still good.
I thought it would be safer for my mechanic to fit the hoses...but on the drivers side (hotside?) he has hacked the ends off the pipe, so much that on the intercooler end some of the hose doesn't extend past the clamp. I thought he was a good mechanic, so am pretty disappointed. Not sure what to do. I could buy a rubber hose on eBay for $180 and replace the silicon hose... The original hose has split at the end, probably happened when he was taking it off. Thanks for replying.
Mickello

Postby WUNSIE on Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:06 pm

Hi champ, sorry to hear you paid for him to do the required work, he failed to provide or execute the workmanship expected, I would of been back straight away as soon as I unearthed his horrible work ethics, then again I wouldnt of paid until I inspected everything before hand, and get him to rectify the bodgey work,
Remember you get more bee,s with honey, :mrgreen: in other words do go in there ranting and raving :evil:
WUNSIE

Postby RHKTriton on Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:17 am

I assume a kit was fitted. Why is any hacking required?

I would have been at his throat for stuffing the installation.

Well actually no. I would let a hacker touch my vehicle, bad enough when wheel alignment or tyres need doing.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Return to Fuel Systems