Forum changes - what's been happening

Read all about it!

Forum changes - what's been happening

Postby admin on Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:18 pm

Well, a number of things but I thought I'd post them up as they occur.

Changes completed:
10/09/08 - Last post subject on Index page = can be quite useful.

Upcoming changes:
Quick replies - Allows you to reply on the fly without having to click Reply all the time.
User last page in profile - Displays user last page (forum location) in their profile.
Topic in "Who is online" - Displays a topic name which is looked through by the user.
New post count on index - Displays the number of posts next to the "New posts" link on the board index.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Forum changes - what's been happening

Postby Naff on Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:53 am

Just a couple of suggestions for the forum that I've seen elsewhere that work quite well... they may or may not be possible for this forum.

Can you make it so that new people to the forum have to post in the introductions thread first before they count as a member? Two reasons for this - first being that everyone else get to know them and what they are driving (make it a requirement in their introduction post) and can answer questions that are posted in other sections easier. Second is it prevents people from joining up just to achieve one thing, i.e. sell something and then never come back (this could also be limited to paid members if that membership fee was a bit less).

Just an idea..
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Return to Announcements & News