REMINDER TO ALL - OFFENSIVE/INSULTING POSTINGS

Read all about it!

REMINDER TO ALL - OFFENSIVE/INSULTING POSTINGS

Postby Dave on Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:35 pm

All,

There have been a number of issues of late with members posting offensive foul language, insults, personal attacks, bantering and trolling against other members and the moderators. This is not just limited to the public forum but also includes the private messaging facility as well.

Obfuscated or abbreviated swearing - please note that swearing which is contextually understandable, e.g removing a letter, replacing letters with * or another character, or changing the spelling slightly, will also be moderated.

Yes, we know that newspapers and other media allows these sorts of exceptions, but we do not, for example, the word "fsck"

Swearing in another language is also unacceptable. Regardless of how few people you think might understand it, in the age of online translation engines, swearing in any language is not permitted.

In order to prevent casual swearing, we automatically filter the most common and inappropriate swear words, replacing them with hashes or inoffensive words. Intentionally trying to bypass the swear filter will attract a Zero Tolerance response from the newTriton.net Moderators.

We have guidelines in place that you have all agreed to abide by which stipulate that this sort of behaviour is not tolerated, for example:

3. No Abuse or Foul Language. While we encourage lively debates and discussions, we will not tolerate personal attacks of any kind on the open forum. Any person attacking another forum member will receive a warning or immediate ban (depending on the severity) and have their offensive posts removed. Treat others as you would like to be treated yourself. Insults, offensive language or anything offensive will be deleted without warning and/or notification if considered unacceptable by a Moderator. Content that is insulting to anyone based on gender, lifestyle, religion, ethnic group, race etc. is unacceptable and will be deleted without warning and/or notification. newTriton.net will not tolerate posts which defame individuals, other on line forums, businesses or car companies. No inter-site bantering between the various forums 4WD Network host, eg: My Triton is better than your Hilux, etc. Every member has the right to post about problems but this must be done in a factual manner.

You can see the full guidelines here: ucp.php?mode=terms

This is a G rated forum and it should be kept friendly at all times. If you cannot post politely then it is better not to post at all.

For anyone that wants to comment on a moderator's actions, no matter what the issue is, please do it via private message with a moderator or feel free to escalate it to myself directly. Under no circumstances are you to post it publicly on the forum.

Again, doing this is against the forum guidelines, as seen below:

Moderators

newTriton.net Moderators are a group of volunteers to help facilitate discussions and other services relating to newTriton.net. They should not be argued with in the public forum when enforcing forum rules and guidelines.

Breaching this rule will result in a warning or an immediate ban depending on the severity of the breach. All members are welcome to speak with the moderators about their concerns in a polite and calm manner in private, either via email, PM or phone. If you have a complaint, you can contact the administrators. Moderators reserve the right to edit, delete, rename, move, merge, open or close posts/threads without warning and/or notification.

Do not attack moderators. They are here by choice alone, and have been bestowed the privilege of maintaining this site, and acting on direct authority from the Owner and Administrator himself to enforce the rules, regulations, etiquette, and desired environment of newTriton.net.

If you have any questions, comments, or issues with a moderator, please contact the administrator at forum@newTriton.net

Again, with all of the above, it is NOT limited to the public forum but includes private messaging, public signature and your avatar as well. Ensure your avatar and signature is free of offensive content or anti-moderator wordings as I have recently seen.

Please, if you cannot accept the guidelines (which you would already have done if you are reading this) then please notify me to have your account closed down which I hope you do not do, as everyone is welcome here.

These guidelines must be adhered to at all times, let's keep this place a friendly, enjoyable, family orientated forum for everyone to use.

Thank you for your time reading this post.

Cheers, Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Re: REMINDER TO ALL - OFFENSIVE/INSULTING POSTINGS

Postby Dave on Fri May 30, 2014 11:01 pm

Hi everyone,

Please let me remind you all that should you have an issue with another member or a moderator, with their actions or posts, then you must raise your concern or issue directly with the moderator team or myself by sending a private message.

Strictly do not take it public on an existing thread, it is not necessary at all.

Cheers, Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Announcements & News