New Member,New Triton,.

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

New Member,New Triton,.

Postby smiley on Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:07 am

Hi there,

I am a surprised new Triton owner,after owning one back in '86 I never thought I would own another ,but the Triton was the right price and I am retired from hectic duties now so a light vehicle would do .
I had owned and driven various diesels in my lifetime and being used to the different vagaries I wasn.t fazed by some of the adjustments I needed to make .I knew it was a waste off time going back to the dealer so I set about tuning the Triton to my comfort level.I mean ,well you cannot expect the factory to sell you a car that suits you purfectly can you?
Anyway I am rambling ,the car is amazing ,I am happy ,it was a great car when I bought it and now it is 100% better .

all the best ,

Smiley,.
smiley

Re: New Member,New Triton,.

Postby GLRkenny on Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:38 am

Welcome smiley, good to hear you are happy with the car, even if it took a few tweaks here and there.
GLRkenny

Postby Duck on Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:19 am

Nice work :) a bit of tweaking never goes astray, or is that twerking :lol:
Life is what happens while you are busy making plans........
Duck

Postby godzilla_rising on Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:30 am

Welcome Smiley...cant wait to see the tweaks that you do end up making...not necessarily the twerking though. No one really likes twerking. :lol:
Godzilla Rising

"Kate's Dirty Sister" click here
2007 3.2 DiD GLX-R

There are two kinds of people in this world, those that can extrapolate from incomplete data.
godzilla_rising

Postby motoz on Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:16 pm

i like twerking... could watch it all day. :oops:

And welcome smiley.

:D
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Will it be a good show ???
motoz
Platinum Subscriber

Postby mattz on Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:36 pm

Welcome smiley.
There are a few strange units around here......don't let it scare you away. :lol:
That's a great attitude to have......so many people expect a car should be specifically for them
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MAN AND A BOY IS
THE PRICE OF HIS TOYS
mattz

Postby smiley on Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:05 am

Thanks for the welcome ,it is good to be with people of similar ilk. :D
Do I answer here on this post or somewhere else?
Treading softly ,not twerking ,some tweaking tho,.

All the best,.
smiley

Postby Zav78 on Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:07 pm

G'day and welcome to the site Mate! :)
Zav78
Platinum Subscriber

Postby lgil86 on Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:40 pm

welcome aboard mate, look forward to some pictures of the new car!
lgil86
Platinum Subscriber

Postby smiley on Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:10 am

Hi there fellow Tritonites ,
Here I am almost 10years later ,sorry I haven't been active but I just never had anything to talk about. I spent a lot of time on my Triton but not in a bad way. I fitted a chip,just for fun you know .It was amazing the difference ,it removed the hesitation at acceleration but stopped it at 160km/h which was nice .I towed my 20ft caravan with no complaints averaging about 18to 20 litres per hundred depending on the headwind . After one trip towing a Landcruiser on trailer into a head wind I almost ran out of fuel so I fitted an bigger fuel tank .A much luvved addition to the Triton family . One a trip to Brisbane while decending the old Toowoomba range I suffered axle wrap every time I applied the brakes so a set off Toughdog leaves replaced and fixed the problem .I experimented with some coilsprings after a trip to Opalton and found that I had no droop ,I kept bottoming out or topping out on the washouts on that road towing my Jayco. When I got home I trimmed my bumpstops and fitted a spacer to my top balljoints.After getting the required wheel alignment this has worked out very well .I have since found now that I can get dropped balljoints which i will fit nexttime . After a particulerly fast trip on a dusty corrugated road and numerous complaints from rear seat passengers I investigated and found a set off rubber shackles from America (Not Cheap) but they worked and with a little judicious trimming of the towbar I recommend them as they took the jar out off the Toughdog leaves.Ummm if you are a bit pedantic and wouldn't consider trimming your towbar then you should forget about this procedure and don't buy these expensive parts . I fitted a new exhaust by buying a muffler delete system and adding a hotdog muffler which turned out to work just fine and a reasonable price. I have added the obligatory catchcan but I added an glass oiltrap from a compressor so I could watch how much oil was being trapped after each trip .mainly cos my catchcan wasn't showing much at all . Twin batteries wired to the tray and caravan and solar panel .265/70x16 tires seem to work out just fine And that is about all . I have found that my front coils are too soft but I can live with it ,the toughdog shocks seem to handle them ok . I now in the middle of fitting an locking diff from a 2010 Triton but the air actuator has blown and I don'y know how to fix it .Any suggestions would be of help,Mitsubishi are not much help and I am a bit wary off buying from the wreckers . Oh I have a new LSD from 98 to 2000 triton MR263896 If anyone wants to make an offer it doesn't fit an MN smaller axles and splines. They are model specific. Just the centre no gears . Well thats all for now hoping to hear from anyone regards the airlocker ,Smiley
smiley

Return to Introductions