The Newbie Help Thread

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Re: The Newbie Help Thread

Postby Taniwha1 on Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:31 am

Kia ora from nz,
Timing chain replacement rant:
My first time posting and i must say its been great seeing all the helpful posts. Not sure if im asking in the right place (i got big shoulders and can take corrective abuse). Anyway im after advise around sourcing a workshop manual for a 2009 3.2L Mitsubishi triton gls 4m41 diesel. I've checked out the quick search guide and have found a number of manuals but they only seem to cover the 2.5L variants. Even the $39, 3000+ page manual purchased from emanual online doesnt seem to cover these models (happy to share if this is of use to anyone....its no bloody good to me!!). Im balls deep into the strip down with all but the front engine cover off and really need the manual.
Any help hugely appreciated.
Thanks heaps
Chur
Taniwha1

Postby DibbyDibbyDJ on Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:22 pm

2024 Outlander

mitsubishi-forums.com
DibbyDibbyDJ

Postby NowForThe5th on Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:37 pm

Unfortunately the Russian manual doesn't cover the 4M41 for Triton/L200 (2.5l only), but there are manuals in there for Pajero which should give you most of the information you need.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby Taniwha1 on Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:19 pm

NowForThe5th wrote:Unfortunately the Russian manual doesn't cover the 4M41 for Triton/L200 (2.5l only), but there are manuals in there for Pajero which should give you most of the information you need.

Thanks so much. Cheers
Taniwha1

Postby Taniwha1 on Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:29 am

DibbyDibbyDJ wrote:http://mmc-manuals.ru

Thanks heaps. Im right down to the nitty grittys. I think theres one more nut to remove before I can get the timing cover off but it appears to sit behind the fuel supply holder. To get to the fuel supply holder you have to remove the fuel supply unit, the fuel supply unit cant be removed because the bevel gear sits behind the timing case!! :evil:
Has anybody done this job before, its shortening my already short wick even shorter.... :?
Taniwha1

Postby adiadi on Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:20 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm new here and I'm not using this site. Could anyone help me please how can I delete my account? Thanks in advance!
adiadi

Postby NowForThe5th on Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:15 am

Go to your user control panel and change your password to something ridiculously long and complex that even you can't remember.

Log out and don't sign back in.
Chris

NowForThe5th

Postby adiadi on Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:17 am

That's not a real solution to my problem.
adiadi

Postby NowForThe5th on Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:52 pm

Why is this an issue? Change your details in your control panel. Call yourself Yogi Bear if you like. Change your email to potus@gov and change your birthday to 1/1/2020 (too close?). Who cares. You've been a member for all of 5 minutes, never bothered to post and now want us to hold your hand while you exit. Just leave quietly and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

We don't "delete accounts" because you never had an account.
Chris

NowForThe5th

Postby Sabbo on Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:19 pm

Hi All,
Been lurking trying to soak up all the great info spread out everywhere in this site, and some of the great banter between everyone.
Have just bought a MN Triton recently and studying a lot of the old stuff. Really thankful none of the old stuff has been dropped off for people like me starting out late in the triton seen like me.
Keep up the good work and thank you for everyone whom has posted and added to making this such an informative and helpful site for budding Triton fans.
Sabbo

Previous

Return to Introductions