yep - another Triton owner...

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

yep - another Triton owner...

Postby michael0042 on Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:52 pm

Hi All,

Just thought I'd do the right thing and say Hi.

We have a 2008 ML GLX-R auto diesel Triton. Purchased March08 and delivered to ARB by the dealer to have:
1. Long Range tank
2. ARB colour coded steel bull bar
3. ARB colour coded canopy
4. ARB roof rack + cage
5. Rear worklight
6. ARB driving lights and fog lights for the bar
7. Dual battery system mounted in the tub

Dealer options were headlight and bonnet protector, tow bar, additional anderson plug at tow bar to aux batt (to charge trailer battery, or take charge from solar panels).

Drawer system from Off Road Systems at Narrelan with 50litre aluminium water tank, pump and tap, Platinum Drop down fridge slide (brillain bit of kit - just hard to deal with) the supplier). This was the prototype for ORS and they were fantastic. Fridge is 50litre Waeco, 150w invertor, and a couple of marine 12v outlets in the rear.

Original tyres removed at 800klms and replaced with BFG ATs.

The vehicle replaced a Hilux and a Pathfinder and is being designed as a touring vehicle. Just finished 2 months SYD/Darwin/Gulf Savannah/Cairns/Sydney.

Only issue so far is that the LRT had to be replaced after the trip due to a leak which only became apparent in August. No Probs with ARB doing it.

Vehicle has now done 20000klms.

Next Steps:
1. Original suspension is a little worn after the trip - a reason why i didn't replace it before. So will look at new susp + small lift
2. GPS capability - would like something to run std street nav + topos - got jack of the PDA on the trip. Not sure on options with this, I like the idea of HEMA, but would also like rear camera.

Oh...the colour is Cyber Blue - and it has a "chick ute" sticker on the rear window!

Cheers,

Michael
michael0042

Re: yep - another Triton owner...

Postby 4wd26 on Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:47 am

Welcome to the site Michael.
You have sure set up the vehicle to do the intended duties.

michael0042 wrote:Next Steps:
2. GPS capability - would like something to run std street nav + topos - got jack of the PDA on the trip. Not sure on options with this, I like the idea of HEMA, but would also like rear camera.
Cheers,

Michael

I have purchased a AVNC which is a 6.5" built in unit. VMS (distributer) is about to release a newer model though that should work better? Mine does everything claimed (Topo gps, route 66 street mapping, rear camera, bluetooth) it just costs a hell of a lot. You could also check out the site by searching "carputer" "Greedy" has a excelent post on his install (including all the bits)
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Return to Introductions