G'day from Rodw

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

G'day from Rodw

Postby rodw on Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:48 pm

Hi Guys

Thought I'd come over from the NewHilux site and check out your forum. Been mates with Mmaaxx who I see comes on line here a bit and I understand your actually letting him go on a trip with you this weekend. Don't let him take the gold girl for a swim again will you?

Also had a bit to do with Monster recently, good to see he has sold a bit of gear to you guys and it will be interesting to see the results of his shotout between the Hilux and Triton!

Anway a few pics of my rig, some a bit dated before lift etc.
Click to view larger picture
Mods, so let's see, just a few
Canopy
Flares
Tiedowns
ToughDog adjustabe Lift
ARB Dual Battery
Diff Breathers
CB
Car PC
Amp
split speakers
Bluetongue Compressor
Helton Hot water system
Pressure pump and shower
Reversing camera
and a heap of things I forgot
rodw

Re: G'day from Rodw

Postby Blue on Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:00 pm

Welcome aboard rodw...

Rig looks good, cubelok is a wonderous invention, no...???

Quick Q, where did you source the ally tiedown rail and sliding tiedown points...??? I searched hich and low for the stuff but couldn't make any headway - ended up settling for the stuff from Bushranger which isn't as strong...
Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt or fish.
Blue
Platinum Subscriber

Postby subi_man on Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:23 am

Welcome - nicely setup up 'Lux 8-)
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby rodw on Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:53 am

Blue, the tiedown comes from ARB. Pretty easy to fit after spending a couple of hours removing the plastic in the inner guards without breaking the clips! Maybe your truck is easier to do this on. Cost about $40 for a 1200mm length. I bought 3 lengths so I could run it full length of the tub.

Just make sure you check the bolts for length and cut them down if thay are going to dent the outer skin...
rodw

Postby Blue on Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:11 pm

rodw wrote:Blue, the tiedown comes from ARB. Pretty easy to fit after spending a couple of hours removing the plastic in the inner guards without breaking the clips! Maybe your truck is easier to do this on. Cost about $40 for a 1200mm length. I bought 3 lengths so I could run it full length of the tub.

Just make sure you check the bolts for length and cut them down if thay are going to dent the outer skin...

Interesting, ARB was my first port of call as I'd heard they stocked it - two guy's behind the desk gave me a blank look when I showed a pic and asked if they had it in stock - they suggested I contact Capral, who told me it's not one of their stock lines...
Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt or fish.
Blue
Platinum Subscriber

Return to Introductions