Introduction - New Triton Owner as of yesterday!

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Re: Introduction - New Triton Owner as of yesterday!

Postby Choady on Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:02 pm

Well - I finally picked up the new truck yesterday (22km on it) and am a happy camper :D :D The black looks shit hot and Im going to enjoy it while i can cause soon it'll show all the scratches and dirt :roll: Piccies are on my profile.

I drove from there to the tyre dudes to get new rubber and what a difference that makes ! From there went to ARB to meet the lads I'd been talking to for the last few weeks and to talk timings for when I could book her in.

Those blokes are outstanding. When they found out I was getting a flexiglass canopy (due wallet being stretched a little too far), they didn't want a bar of me driving out of there without an ARB one fitted with all the other work I was getting. So they played with some numbers and put the canopy on (with side opening windows) for the same price as I was going to pay for the 'flexisports' canopy :o They were even going to put in the front and back internal racks and a pair of bars on top, for that price, but i decided to not go ahead with that bit cause im not keen on the bars being permanent - I wouldn't be using them that much. They took that amount off the total price, and now that leaves me with nearly enough for a new radio and antennae......... ;) Its going in on Tuesday for its makeover, and should be ready Thursday or Friday for the camera and some dirt 8-)

Thanks to all you blokes who have helped guide my decsion making processes so far. Its been a real help.

Talking of help.........what sort of UHF should I be looking for and how much (and where from) can I pick them up for ?

Interestingly, whilst cecking the car over at the stealers, the spare tyre was only a steel rim and there was no rubber seal on the bottom of the ute gate. We looked over a GLX-R and it had an alloy spare and the rubber seal, so I noted it on the pre-delivery report and asked them to sort it out for me. Any other VR owners have the same problem ? Did they come to the party ? They also said that there is no PIN for the stereo either ? :?
Choady

Postby Jitsukablue on Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:06 am

My GLX-R doesn't have a PIN... I think. I believe that seal is part of the 'dust seal pack'. Just tell them it is missing and they should add it.
He who dies with the most toys, wins
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters...
Jitsukablue

Postby Homer on Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:52 am

Have a look on your tray for the seal. There is a seal down each side of the tailgate, but the bottom seal should run across the the tray where it meets the tailgate.

The spare on my GLXR is alloy.
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby spargo on Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:56 am

AFAIK, the VR comes with a steel spare, and no dust seal on the tub. But who wants one of those useless style-side tubs anyway - alloy tray's FTW!
spargo

Postby Naff on Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:09 pm

Hahaha Spargo, go easy! Most of the trions on the road have tubs LOL.
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Choady on Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:43 pm

To close off the thread - all gear now fitted (and refitted where required !) and piccies in shed. http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/shed.php?view=1&id=530

Hats off the the lads at ARB Moorebank for doing such a great job.

It looks much better than with an alloy tray Sparg's............. ;)
Choady

Postby daryn on Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:53 pm

It looks awesome, love that bar at the front.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby Choady on Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:59 pm

They are not cheap, but I reckon its money well spent with excellent quality gear. If you bundle up a whole bunch of stuff and do it all at once they give you great deals.
Choady

Previous

Return to Introductions