Hi all

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Hi all

Postby mickrob on Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:16 am

Hi everyone , Just picked up my My08 Triton Ml (White)
I had a Nissan navara 08 but it got ritton off (Truck) , So I thought i would go with something i used to own in 1998.
I really like the new triton but the diesel makes alot more niose than the nissan, Is this normal ?
I have alot more questions but i will ask them later.
mickrob

Re: Hi all

Postby jerry on Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:04 am

Hi Mickrob,
I just got a new triton too after having a nissan patrol diesel for quite a long time. The triton certainly is noisy compared to my old 3.0l nissan. I'm pretty sure its just normal from what I read in reviews on it. Its got plenty of poke though - just got back from a fishing trip and i was really happy with the highway performance of it.

Cheers,
Jerry
jerry

Postby sam on Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:29 am

Welcome to the site there's lots of good info here

They do quieten down a fair bit after a good number of Km's.
Mine was pretty noisy when new :(
It's alot better now I've done 45 K but noticed it getting heaps better from about 15K on. ;)
sam

Postby Jitsukablue on Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:07 pm

Sometimes, it seems to pur, then clatter in certain rev ranges/driver demand... The MMAL ECU remap needs some work. I'll be getting the MTU remap when that is officially released, I see already a certain lucky bugger said it was a lot quiter.
He who dies with the most toys, wins
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters...
Jitsukablue

Postby Choady on Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:49 pm

Hi Mickrob - welcome to the site (im only a noob too) ;) there is so much good gouge here and everyone is very helpful and friendly.

When I test drove the 07 Navara - it was straight after a Triton and I personnaly thought it was a little noiser in the engine ! Maybe I need hearing checked.....

Once you get hooked - it will take you all week to read all the threads :D The wife is looking at me with raised eyebrows as I type.
Choady

Postby mickrob on Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:58 pm

Thanks to all for the friendly welcome . I have taken the car back to where i brought it from and they told me the lifters are a little noiser than normal and the will adjust them on the 15000 k service . The car is really quite when i first start the car, But when it warms up it gets noisey.
mickrob

Return to Introductions