Hi there

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Hi there

Postby Grover on Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:31 pm

Howdy Guys

I thought it best to intro myself as I will be the guy asking all the silly questions. :roll:

I picked up my new Triton a GLX-R the day before new years eve. Threw the wife in the back and went for a 1000 k drive. Very impressed. I actually drive a Landy Troop Carrier for work and I spend a lot of time in the bush throughout PNG in her. I look after HF radio networks overseas so spend a lot of time 4WDing so I wasnt really after a serious in your face (heavy, gas guzzler) 4WD. I do love my troopie but wouldn't own one back in Aust.

So I am planning on doing some work on the Triton and have been interested in a lot of the work some of you have done on your vehicles.

If anyone is interested in installing radios especially HF give me a sing out as I do a lot of vehicle installs for harsh conditons (Cambodia, East Timor, PNG) although I havent installed in a Triton yet but whatch this space. My Troupie has HF, UHF and VHF installed as well as a satphone. I'm planning a HF install for the Triton soon. I also do remote solar and power installations (12v) so have some experience there.

Well I might settle back and check out your trucks guys

Grover
Grover

Re: Hi there

Postby Adz on Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:59 pm

Welcome to the forum Grover....loads of awesome info here & the guys are fantastic with helping answer all those 'silly' questions we all have! :D
You can sit there complaining, or you can knit me some seat belts.
Adz

Postby 4wd26 on Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:56 pm

Welcome mate
You have a lot a knowledge to add by the look.

BUT where abouts in oz are you?

Cheers
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby Wallace on Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:05 pm

Grover wrote

"I spend a lot of time in the bush throughout PNG in her. If anyone is interested in installing radios especially HF give me a sing out as I do a lot of vehicle installs for harsh conditons (Cambodia, East Timor, PNG)"

Welcome to the site, some rough territory you cover there and I might add a little on the testy side! Politically I mean.........
The loneless road is the one you walk alone
Support Beyondblue
You never know when you will need the help.
Wallace

Postby Grover on Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:38 am

I dont spend much time in Aus but when I do I am on the Sunshine Coast. The Triton lives with my father when I am away. Most of the time I am located in Port Moresby PNG, or out in the bush in the troupie. :)
Grover

Return to Introductions