My Triton 3.2DiD 4x4 ClubCab!

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

My Triton 3.2DiD 4x4 ClubCab!

Postby Zantus on Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:19 am

Friday morning I took delivery of my new Triton :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Well, it's almost new, it's a demo with 5000km on the clock.

The colour is called Cornwall Red, although some people seem to think it's purple :evil:

This is what it looked when I test drove it in November. That day I asked the dealer to sell it to me as soon as it became available, which was about 2 weeks ago.

Click to view larger picture

I bought a second hand set of 235/85R16 BFG M/T's which also arrived in town on Frday, so obviously as soon as I got the Triton, I picked the tyres up and immediately had them fitted.
These tyres are almost 32" tall and the suspension is still completely stock and even at full flex they don't touch anywhere.....this vehicle was made to take big tyres :mrgreen:

I asked the dealer to leave the stickers on. They only took the dealer stickers off and left the rest on. It already draws a lot of attention with those stickers on and soon I will add huge stickers with our adventure company's website address as well and drive around like that for a while to draw attention to our business.

Here it's in the same spot I took the first pictures above.

I took these to compare the 35x12.5 tyres on my Lexus V8 Hilux(which was taken by it's new owner soon after I took these pics) to those on the Triton. Not much height difference, but the Hilux's tyres are a LOT wider.

I've driven the Triton along a local sand track and up a few hills with the stock tyres. The BF's, although not new, a bit narrower and only about 1.5" taller, made a huge difference and already I'm very impressed with the offroad ability even in comparison to the mighty V8 Hilux :mrgreen:

WRT mods, protection is my main priority for now.
The next upcoming mods are a bash plate from http://www.forfours.co.za and a Safari snorkel within the next week or so. Then I will also be building some serious rocksliders myself.

Then I need to do the neccesary mods to fit a set of 285's.

I'm still looking for a replacement bumper I like, but the stock approach angle is pretty good, that rear overhang is much more of a problem at the moment. I will add some mini rocksliders under the rear section as well.

Between all of this I will also build my own canopy. I've limited myself to only doing the rocksliders and canopy myself, because I have the skill, but just not the time to build more stuff myself :roll:
Zantus

Re: My Triton 3.2DiD 4x4 ClubCab!

Postby Wallace on Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:50 am

Don't mind the look of that at all, keep us posted....................although we will probably never see it here in Oz........... :D
The loneless road is the one you walk alone
Support Beyondblue
You never know when you will need the help.
Wallace

Re: My Triton 3.2DiD 4x4 ClubCab!

Postby Zantus on Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:28 pm

I added the South African made 4mm bash plate today.

Zantus

Return to Introductions