Newbie from country South Australia

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Newbie from country South Australia

Postby Lord Flasheart on Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:56 am

Hi All,

Have just paid a deposit on a Titanium Grey Exceed. We have always had a Pajero but have just a got a job in the City so need a car for a medium daily commute. I know its not a commute car but mid-life crisis probably kicking in.

After having committed myself, i will browse the forum to see what i have got myself into??? I dont love the look the new Triton but who can see the grille when your driving! The value proposition was too good to pass up. $40,990 drive away seemed pretty good but you can never tell until you have heard from others. Not looking to do any serious off-road stuff but mainly a really versatile car for all types of uses (eg camping, fishing, yard work etc). The dealer advises i am getting a MY17 but cant find any info anywhere on whether there are any minor changes with this model. Has anyone heard? Thanks and looking forward to reading all the posts and learning all about the new Triton.
Lord Flasheart

Re: Newbie from country South Australia

Postby murwullambah on Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:03 pm

Welcome mate, i have a GLS auto in blue since july this year, Pretty happy with it so far, good off road economical
what is not to like at these prices lol.
murwullambah

Postby boycee on Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:53 pm

Hey mate nice choice. From what i have seen the stereo will be different and the steering wheel is a 4 spoke. Also new steps and a charcoal coloured grille. May be a couple of other upgrades too. ;)
www.4wdsupplies.com.au
boycee
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Lord Flasheart on Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:03 am

Thanks Boycee, am picking it up tomorrow night so will find out then!
Lord Flasheart

Postby RHKTriton on Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:38 am

Welcome to the family LF.

There are still people driving around in the original Stavics, without wooden stakes in their eye sockets, so I don't think the look of the Tri is any worry. :lol:

Happy motoring.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Lord Flasheart on Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:03 pm

Just picked up my new my17 exceed. You were spot on boycee, new stereo, new sidesteps, 4 spoke steering wheel, charcoal grill, looks real nice. Having a few issues with phone call playing through the car speakers so will try and sort that out tomorrow. Cheers
Lord Flasheart

Postby Minza on Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:31 am

Any pics of the new my17 rig? :P
Minza

Return to Introductions