Newbie from Canberra

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Newbie from Canberra

Postby modsquad on Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:52 pm

Hello to you all.From cold Canberra a quick hello from a Big triton fan. Not much of a off-roader (did all that with the pajero ) now in the triton it's more of a tug. For our jayco HAWK (with the remap + other things I have added) I'm very happy with it.....cheers
modsquad

Re: Newbie from Canberra

Postby Duck on Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:16 pm

Welcome, did you buy the Tri on its heater capabilities? Do you have to run heaters in the garage so it doesn't freeze over. How do you find it compares to the Paj ?
Life is what happens while you are busy making plans........
Duck

Postby Maxiy on Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:08 am

Duck wrote: Do you have to run heaters in the garage so it doesn't freeze over?

My truck is not a happy chappy in the morning, complains a whole lot on startup if it is below -2 (which it is most mornings in winter)

I just make sure i start it atleast 15 mins before i want to leave, keeps her happy and means i have a very short dash from the warmth of the front door to the warmth of the drivers door. :lol:
Maxiy

Postby emjayar on Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:24 pm

Maxiy wrote:
Duck wrote: Do you have to run heaters in the garage so it doesn't freeze over?

My truck is not a happy chappy in the morning, complains a whole lot on startup if it is below -2 (which it is most mornings in winter)

I just make sure i start it atleast 15 mins before i want to leave, keeps her happy and means i have a very short dash from the warmth of the front door to the warmth of the drivers door. :lol:

Hey mate, I would look at changing your oil viscosity to suit the colder morning starts. Mine is doing fine going from around a corner, one set of lights and straight into 100km.

ALSO!
Welcome aboard another canberran.
http://www.lifesbumpyroads.com | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Driving the conversation on depression and suicide awareness and intervention for Lifeline and beyondblue
'07 ML GLXR 3.2L as seen in Australian 4WD Action issue 238
emjayar

Postby Maxiy on Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:39 pm

Hey mate, I would look at changing your oil viscosity to suit the colder morning starts. Mine is doing fine going from around a corner, one set of lights and straight into 100km.

Thanks Mate, thought of that. Running 15w-40, so technically should be good for well below 0, but might change to 5w-40.

ModSquad, we will have to give you a tour of the brindies one weekend.
Maxiy

Return to Introductions