Spending the kids' inheritance

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Spending the kids' inheritance

Postby Bitsamissing on Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:48 pm

Hi all,
Having just retired, I figured there was no better way to spend the kid's inheritance than on a new car and a caravan. The caravan, bought 2nd-hand on eBay is a 16ft Discovery Outback, and the car is a 2016 MQ Triton GLX+ Auto 4x4 Club Cab Ute.
It's my second 4WD; I had a Lada Niva for a few years recently, and my second caravan, but the first time I've combined the two. I'll start off with some easy trips... but I don't expect that I'll ever be inclined to take anything hugely challenging.
I have a Redarc Tow-Pro Classic brake controller, car and van have Anderson plugs, and I'm looking at fitting AL-KO ESC to the van. Any other suggestions?
Chris
Chris
MQ Club Cab Ute
Bitsamissing

Re: Spending the kids' inheritance

Postby Geoff3DMN on Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:17 pm

I would put the van onto the ute and check if it's sitting level, if it doesn't (and it probably won't) then I'd seriously consider upgrading the rear springs with heavier duty ones.
Geoff3DMN
Platinum Subscriber

Postby dieselweasel on Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:42 pm

Best title for a thread ever
Proud owner of 'Wheelbarrow'
dieselweasel

Postby Bitsamissing on Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:09 am

Geoff3DMN wrote:I would put the van onto the ute and check if it's sitting level, if it doesn't (and it probably won't) then I'd seriously consider upgrading the rear springs with heavier duty ones.

Thanks for the tip. Is there a way I could correct the attitude when the caravan is hitched without having to put up with stiffer suspension when it is not?
Chris
MQ Club Cab Ute
Bitsamissing

Return to Introductions