G'day G'day!

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

G'day G'day!

Postby BrodieBro on Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:03 pm

G'day everyone!

My name's Brodie, I currently live in Newcastle, originally from Tamworth, but moved to Port Macquarie when I was 9 years old, so essentially grew up on the coast.

My first experience in a 4WD was with my uncle in his Pajero when I was just a lad, cruising along Lighthouse beach in Port heading for a fish - I couldn't believe how cool it was being able to actually drive on the beach (which was a foreign thing to me anyway, being from the country.) and pull up and throw in a line.

I purchased a Suzuki Sierra for my first car, learned to drive and 4WD in it, learned to work on the motor, replace the broken bits, break other bits and then get the shits and send it to the mechanic. It was such a good car that I bought a 2013 Jimny - my first new car, and then got an 87 tin top sierra after the Jimny was gone.

However deep down I always wanted to own a dual cab, my brother and his mates all owned dual cabs for camping, surfing and fishing. They were so practical for both the beach and the road.

I finally worked hard enough and long enough to save up a bit of money and found what was my idea of the perfect ute for my needs, my MN GLR Triton. I needed enough room and comfort for the highway kays, and needed it to conquer the beaches.

Unfortunately I spend most of my time on the highway and actually haven't set wheel on sand for the past 3 or so months and with a few recent issues i'm a bit nervous of actually taking it too far from home - however with my recent move to Newcastle, and possible new employment in the works, I have quite a few plans for some trips and camping!

Thanks for having me! Look forward to chatting with a few of you about your utes and mods!

Cheers!
BrodieBro

Re: G'day G'day!

Postby NowForThe5th on Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:32 pm

Welcome to the forum, Brodie.

It's a lifestyle that few people really understand but one that I've become somewhat accustomed to - having a 4WD and being able to get out there. I think you'll find lots of like minded members on here.

Look forward to hearing more of your adventures.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby gspy4u on Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:54 am

welcome aboard
gspy4u
Platinum Subscriber

Postby KevMQ on Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:03 pm

My first car was a Toyota RAV4 1999. It was a love hate thing but I had so many fond memories in it and took me everywhere. Lasted 500,000km and was 18 years old. Broke down twice. Timing belt and a tyre puncture. Still have it.

MQ Triton is on another level and I'm loving every bit of it too.

Welcome Brodie, looking forward to pics of MQ
KevMQ

Postby Duck on Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:35 pm

Welcome, you cant stop those jimneys !! But the Tri will serve you well & will have more room. Look forward to a few photos.
Life is what happens while you are busy making plans........
Duck

Return to Introductions