New owner saying Hi

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

New owner saying Hi

Postby Genebaby on Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:02 pm

Hi guys, just signed up as we've just signed up for an MQ Exceed in white and are waiting delivery.

I've done some prior research and have a Process West catch can, EGR delete cable and idrive ready to install.

A hard lid is also on the way from HSP with central locking which should be fun to fit.

Hopefully I made good choices.

Still on the fence as to tub protection, Rhino, Speedliner, the rug or even the five piece from ARB.

Cheers

Vic
Genebaby

Re: New owner saying Hi

Postby gspy4u on Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:37 pm

welcome aboard. I just used the genuine rubber floor mat for the bottom and bought some rubber mats from bunnings and cut them to shape to fit the sides and front and double sided them on. Has worked a treat for the past 3 years and cheap as. Think the mats were around $70
gspy4u
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Genebaby on Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:08 pm

Thanks, great to be here, it's a whole new world for me.

With the tub protection, we are thinking that using something like Speedliner or Rhino will give ultimate protection and then we could use the rubber mat if we need that kind of traction, and the tub will never get rusty or be damaged.

I'm hoping to see what Speedliner looks and feels like in person, and make a decision.

The two Rhino dealers I've been trying to get through too and one I emailed on his site have not been very helpful, and they are out of town. Speedliner has an installer in my town.
Genebaby

Postby NowForThe5th on Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:11 pm

In terms of technology, Speedliner is essentially the same as an acrylic paint, like what is used on the outside of buildings. It's applied at 1-2mm thickness. Rhino is an isocyanate hardened polyurethane which goes on at around 4mm thickness. Chalk and cheese in terms of performance although the Speedliner does come in a range of pretty colours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVyM0DtApkQ
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby Genebaby on Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:14 pm

I've heard good things about Speedliner as well as Rhino, but not that they were that different.

Maybe I'll see if a Rhino installer will answer their phone this week?

Our needs for abuse of the tray are not great, just something to protect it, which the plastic liners simply don't, otherwise they would be fine.

If only the manufacturers painted this type of stuff on at the factory, it would be a tough ute then.
Genebaby

Postby Genebaby on Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:31 pm

Looking into it some more, maybe you are talking about the other Speedliner products for use on floors and other surfaces.

The stuff they put in the back of utes is definitely not like paint.
Genebaby

Postby Genebaby on Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:13 pm

Picked up the Triton today.

29km showing on the clock when we got home and I installed the catch can and EGR delete cable.

Goes in for the Speedliner install tomorrow and the hardlid from HSP will go on this week too.

The iDrive is here, I'll put it on later, to see the difference. Throttle seems quite good as it is.
Genebaby

Postby Thundakowski on Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:28 am

Someone was prepared! :lol:

Good luck with the Triton and all the mods.
Thundakowski

Postby Genebaby on Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:57 am

Yes, I sure was! Want to look after this vehicle from the start. I feel better knowing that they are on there, though the wife was like, what???

The Speeliner goes on today and tomorrow but the hard lid is delayed due to being damaged before it left, so I'll get that next week now.

I did order the factory reverse sensor kit, see if that's installable by me. I think it will help extra when reversing at the shops. Tried it last night, went home and ordered the kit, lol.

The only annoying thing is the passenger seat, which I did hear about before. Gotta look into how that gets fixed as it's just not within any acceptable range.
Genebaby

Postby Thundakowski on Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:36 am

Yeah, that passenger seat sucks. I'll have to google that. It must have been the one thing I didn't take into account before putting the order in.
Thundakowski

Postby Genebaby on Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:52 pm

I drove a demo exceed and I'm sure it wasn't doing it so I figured it was a thing of the past, plus, how bad could it be? Ha ha, we'll see what they do at the complimentary checkup, as I saw them yesterday about it and they noted it and the issue of the BT disconnecting, which is my only other niggle.
Genebaby

Return to Introductions