Another Triton Newbie

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Another Triton Newbie

Postby Thundakowski on Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:38 am

Hey guys(and girls),

Have been doing a lot or research on here prior to my purchase of a 2018 MQ GLS. Have had it now for a whole 5 days :D and thought it was time to actually post on here. I think I will keep it pretty stock to start with, but am fitting the Provent 200 this afternoon just for my own peace of mind. I intend to keep it for a fairly long time, so some modifications will be made eventually. Right now, I'm just getting used to it tbh.

Thanks to all of you for your posts on here, they have really helped me to decide certain things about the MQ.
Thundakowski

Re: Another Triton Newbie

Postby gspy4u on Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:14 am

welcome aboard, don't forget to get an EGR mod done on it as well and keep all that exhaust crap out of it
gspy4u
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Thundakowski on Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:54 am

Thanks gspy4u.
Thundakowski

Postby DojeeD on Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:40 pm

Thundakowski wrote:Hey guys(and girls),

Have been doing a lot or research on here prior to my purchase of a 2018 MQ GLS. Have had it now for a whole 5 days :D and thought it was time to actually post on here. I think I will keep it pretty stock to start with, but am fitting the Provent 200 this afternoon just for my own peace of mind. I intend to keep it for a fairly long time, so some modifications will be made eventually. Right now, I'm just getting used to it tbh.

Thanks to all of you for your posts on here, they have really helped me to decide certain things about the MQ.

How did you go with the fitting in the end? They look pretty straight forward and thinking or ordering a kit for my new Triton that should be here in a few days. I was still torn between some of the running costs of the different units (some filters $80 each while others $40) and some had the decent brackets but I didn’t want to cramp the engine bay too soon until I knew where thinks like duel batteries, fuel filters and even snorkels can go (when and if I get the time or money to do it all.

Cheers DojeeD.
DojeeD

Postby Thundakowski on Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:04 am

Welcome DojeeD.

Yeah, the fitting was pretty straightforward, but it took longer because I triple-checked everything!

I think the placement of the drain hose and securing that to the chassis rail took the longest, believe it or not.

The actual unit sits pretty close to the air filter box, but has a few mm to spare so I think it's fine.

I went Provent 200 via ebay(but still from Western Filters) and as for the filter, if it's supposed to be 40-50K between filter replacement, that's every 2+ years for me. Obviously, many will drive more K's then me though so it will be more often.

Good luck.
Thundakowski

Postby DojeeD on Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:50 am

Thundakowski wrote:Welcome DojeeD.

Yeah, the fitting was pretty straightforward, but it took longer because I triple-checked everything!

I think the placement of the drain hose and securing that to the chassis rail took the longest, believe it or not.

The actual unit sits pretty close to the air filter box, but has a few mm to spare so I think it's fine.

I went Provent 200 via ebay(but still from Western Filters) and as for the filter, if it's supposed to be 40-50K between filter replacement, that's every 2+ years for me. Obviously, many will drive more K's then me though so it will be more often.

Good luck.
Thanks .... just what I wanted to here. I suppost the cost evey few years of a filter vs EGR value replacemts and the other cogging issues in the long term is nothing.

Probably start with that and look towards the fuel filter next once its broken in and thought about it a bit more.

Cheers

DojeeD

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
DojeeD

Postby Thundakowski on Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:07 am

No problem....good luck!
Thundakowski

Return to Introductions