Hey all!

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Hey all!

Postby JTmofo on Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:42 pm

Long time lurker, first time poster.
Had a 2004 Triton (in L200 euro guise) many years ago....and after being burned with a Monday morning lemon, I've been reluctant to go back there.

Well.... 14 years later and I've pulled the trigger on an auto MQ GLS in Titanium grey.

Got a few extras from the dealer, swapped out the standard highway tyres for some BFG AT K02 in 265/70/R17, a soft tonneau, rhino lined tub, some rhino rack roof racks, chrome nudge bar, tow pack and some of the usual mats/deflectors/bonnet protectors bits that the dealers make you feel like you're getting a killer deal with.

Hopefully I can bond with this one after the previous hatred of my last triton (and last Mitsubishi).

Been researching snorkel and pretty much narrowed it down to the TJM or ARB. Local 4x4 places want $350ish for fitting.... which it pretty steep in my mind.
Anyone fitted their own? How was the anxiety of ripping a holesaw through your brand new guard?

Anyhow... hope to pick some brains in the coming months... but hopefully not for any warranty issues.

Peace out.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
JTmofo

Re: Hey all!

Postby Duck on Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:39 pm

Welcome & hopefully this ute is a ripper. Plenty hav done there own installs, there was a newtriton wholesaw set that was being posted around to members for install. I pay someone so can't talk from experience.
Look forward to some pics of the new ute.
Life is what happens while you are busy making plans........
Duck

Return to Introductions