New member Intro

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

New member Intro

Postby Prospector on Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:53 am

Hi to all the other Triton owners. I,ve just come up from the workshop with a dismantled interior of my 2010 dual cab.
Have had a big win with the SRS system and when I find the correct forums will share my good fortune, yep the light is now off! I'm an aircraft mechanic by trade with only prior diesel experience being an experimental diesel Cessna some 15 years ago. A year ago I tackled the 90,000 km service and added water pump +timing belts for good measure. Last Easter had a go at an engine de-coke including the cylinder head intake ports in-situ with no ill effects.Blanked and canned. Huge difference in performance, ports 60% obstructed. Hope my experiences can assist other members and likewise I can gain a few tips as well. Happy Easter everyone and thanks for the opportunity to participate. David.
Prospector

Re: New member Intro

Postby NowForThe5th on Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:41 pm

Welcome along.

Well done on the maintenance work done so far. Tritons probably aren't quite as complicated as planes, but need a whole new set of skills.

The correct forum for your intended post is probably this one, but don't sweat it too much - few people pay a lot of attention and just getting it in the Fourth or Fifth Generation areas is a win. If it's grossly out of place one of the OCD Mods will move it.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby Duck on Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:29 pm

Welcome ! Diesel plane, nothing like some black smoke blowing out of a plane engine :o
Don’t worry passengers still to block the egr.
Enjoy the forum, don’t be afraid to load up some cool plane photos :D
Life is what happens while you are busy making plans........
Duck

Postby Prospector on Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:48 am

Thanks for the welcome aboard. The engine I mentioned is made by the French, consortium called SMA.
weighed 197kg 4cyl,304 cu in. ran 44 psi boost max. chugged like a Kubota when started. No smoke cause it used the best diesel available Jet A1 ! Went for a fly or die in it. Not to bad. Stuck a couple of posts in Electrical to help out with SRS issues. Will detail method in servicing of cleaning cyl head ports in situ down the track. Cheers David.
Prospector

Return to Introductions