---B--- here!

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

---B--- here!

Postby --B-- on Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:44 am

hey guys

its my first time posting here after lurking for ages. i hope this is the right spot!

ive got a 2015 triton. im starting to get more into 4WDing and camping and stuff and i really want to put a bullbar on it.

im hoping for tips on the most cost effective way to do it? i dont think i have the skills to do it myself so ill have to pay someone to fit it.. am i bets off going to Ironman 4x4 or ARB or something? or buying a bar online and paying someone to fit it?

any advice is much appreciated!
--B--

Re: ---B--- here!

Postby NowForThe5th on Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:47 am

--B-- wrote:i hope this is the right spot!

It wasn't, but I've fixed that for you.

In terms of dollars spent, probably cheaper to buy online and have someone fit for you. However, that may not get you the bar you want, if, for example, you want ARB, TJM or similar, since they're generally only available in store.

Go to an ARB store first and get them to give you a quote on supply and fitting. From there you can only improve. ;)
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby --B-- on Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:06 am

thanks for the reply and the admin too!

hmm yeah ok cool. in terms of buying online, do you have any recommendations of best bang for buck? im not after anything too super heavy duty or anything. something that can take a winch would be good though!
--B--

Postby MN Driver on Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:52 pm

I Just purchased a max4x4 bullbar with rated recovery points at the front of the bar for my mn.
Cost me $1387.50. I could of got a cheaper bar but having rated recovery points part of the bar I feel is important. I have bought a Domin8r Xtreme 12,000lb Winch to fit in the bull bar for about $500.
Just my 2 cents worth
MN Driver

Postby --B-- on Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:11 pm

oh cool thanks for the feedback

makes sense re the rated recovery points

out of interest, when you say there are cheaper out there, what sort of price are the cheapies? (just trying to get a feel for the price range)

cheers
--B--

Postby --B-- on Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:56 pm

thanks mate. plenty of info there to keep me going!
--B--

Return to Introductions