New member intro

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

New member intro

Postby Rustyone on Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:07 pm

Hi all,
Thought I would do an intro.
Firstly, I have to say that this is a great sight full of practical advice and information.

This is my first “fly by wire” 4wd and I’m a bit concerned about breaking down in the bush with all of the electronics on board. I love going to places that other people don’t.

I’m old school, live on the south coast of NSW (Nowra). Been going bush for way too long to admit. Most of my experience and travels have been in southern/SE NSW , the Vic high country and east Gippsland.

I recently purchased a 2012 Triton MN GLX that had lived all of its life in Sydney, as most 4WD’s these days. Stock standard but I’m getting there ( only 150000km on the clock). K&N filter, new tyres. UHF, bullbar and winch on the way.

Love going bush, been a gold prospector for the last 28 years. Wife and I love going bush, camping , fishing and being with good friends.

My life philosophy is “Don’t go home dead!”

My bush/4wd philosophy is “Do you really need to be there!

Russ
Rustyone

Re: New member intro

Postby Duck on Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:43 am

Welcome Russ,
Sounds like we are about to see some 3-5kg bush nuggets !!!
What detector do you use ? And congrats on the Ute purchase.
Life is what happens while you are busy making plans........
Duck

Re: New member intro

Postby Rustyone on Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:17 pm

Hey Duck,
Thanks for the welcome.

I wish.....No seriously, I wish. lol.
Prospecting is just like fishing. Just being out there is the best bit. If you catch a keeper, all the better.

GPX4500.

Had the Mitsi for 3 month. Can't complain so far and great on the fuel as well (I have 140km round trip to work and back every day).

Russ
Rustyone

Return to Introductions