Hey everyone!!

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Hey everyone!!

Postby Lord-Ogmore on Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:17 pm

Hi all, just thought I'd introduce myself. My name's Tim and I've just bought my first triton yesterday.
I got a black, dual cab 4x4 ML with the mighty 6G74 engine and a bolt action gearbox.
I've done a lot of camping and four wheeling in the past with turbo diesel Nissan Patrols, camper trailers etc.
After losing my passion for it due to how busy the Bush was becoming, I took a 6 year or so break from it all and drove a V8 Statesman Caprice.
But I'm back! I didnt want to spend a fortune on a dual cab 4x4 and picked up the ML for 11k with a bunch of fourby goodies already fitted saving me the trouble and cost.
Ive already fallen in love with the V6 engine and the manual gearbox! Done with diesels! (personal preference these days, I know theres a ton of diesel guys and girls on here)
Anyway, I wont waffle on forever in my first post.
Cheers
Lord-Ogmore

Re: Hey everyone!!

Postby NowForThe5th on Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:20 pm

Welcome along. You're in the minority, but it's an elite minority. ;)

I've had 5 of the 6G7x engines, culminating in the ML which I loved. Now driving a 4M41 and it's taken me 6 years to get used to it but still compare to the V6.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Re: Hey everyone!!

Postby Lord-Ogmore on Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:25 am

Thanks mate!
Hahaha, yeah I knew id be in a minority. I just love the smooth, revvy, and simplicity of that engine.
No EGR issues here!! Haha
Lord-Ogmore

Return to Introductions