New Triton owner from the Adelaide Hills

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

New Triton owner from the Adelaide Hills

Postby lonepine on Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:04 pm

Hi all

Just found this forum, was lurking for a while and thought I'd join up. I've had my 2019 build MR since March 2020. I used to work at Mitsi's building Magnas and 380's, so Ive had a soft spot for the Three Diamonds. I did quite a bit of homework before making the decision on the Triton but in the end up, it was a no brainer. Value for money and capability, it couldn't be beaten.
Out of the showroom, I had a tow bar, nudge bar, tub liner, sports bar and tonneau cover fitted. The sports bar was a bit iffy but I got a bargain as the dealer had a number of brand new ones out the back where they had come off other utes and the owners had put on canopies straight away. I think it cost me about $200. If I was paying full price, I wouldn't have done it.
Anyway, I bought it to get out there and dirty. We've already been to the Northen Territory and places like the Finke River, down through the Oodnadatta Track, some of the sheep station 4WD tracks in the southern Flinders Ranges and the National Parks over by Port Lincoln and Coffin Bay.
Bog standard with the factory stuff already mentioned, this is a pretty capable vehicle. The only other thing I have added since is the UHF and an OCAM bash plate. Having said that, I'll be looking at steelies and muds first up, roof rack and maybe something like an Ozroo tub rack. I also need advice on recovery points. But considering where we've been with it already, they are wants, not needs.
Looking forward to learning from the wealth and experience here.
Cheers, Kevin

Click to view larger picture
lonepine

Return to Introductions