G’Day. Can I join the blown MN engine club?

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

G’Day. Can I join the blown MN engine club?

Postby SteelyWebb on Tue May 18, 2021 2:21 pm

G’Day All,

Have been reading some of the fine information here for a while, thought it about time I put up some of my own!

Have had a 2015 MN Triton now since new & absolutely love it. Have done some mild work to it myself: swapped the tub & canopy for a tray & smaller canopy. Roof rack, lights, throttle controller, few lights, nothing too serious just yet.

Although on Sunday night it got serious in a bug hurry. I was on my way home when the motor blew. I think I’ve had an oil leak at some stage which has pushed the balancer out of alignment and caused major dramas. So now I have an MN sized anchor which I still love!
But what to do??
Having priced the same 2.5 diesel to go back in (yikes!) I’m seriously considering an upgrade, seems to be about the same cost & my only complaint so far has been a lack of power in off road situations.
Any ideas/suggestions/better options?

Looking forward to posting much more here in the future.
SteelyWebb

Re: G’Day. Can I join the blown MN engine club?

Postby NowForThe5th on Tue May 18, 2021 9:07 pm

Welcome along.

I've changed the title of your thread to something that might prompt a few more responses.

I can understand your quandary. When faced with updating my ML to an MN I chose to buy a Pajero.

What do you see as an 'upgrade' path?
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Return to Introductions